My note 2 review:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yeah blocking mode is not something I would ever use.. Phone is never off unless I'm at gym which goes to airplane mode.. Google voicemail is great as well so I can see text of voicemail if out somewhere..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I don't use it all the time but there are times I will turn it on. Example will be if you are out at a movie but you don't want to turn silent mode on in case of an emergency (baby sitter) well you turn blocking mode on and only allow a certain number or contact. That way you are not disturbed by emails and stuff from work or Facebook while watching a flick but if an emergency happens it will come through full blast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I just avoid all emergencies. Problem solved! ;)

jenglish724

Reaction score
I don't use it all the time but there are times I will turn it on. Example will be if you are out at a movie but you don't want to turn silent mode on in case of an emergency (baby sitter) well you turn blocking mode on and only allow a certain number or contact. That way you are not disturbed by emails and stuff from work or Facebook while watching a flick but if an emergency happens it will come through full blast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I'm using an app called "Do Not Disturb Me" currently and it works well. It is basically the same as blocking mode, which isn't featured on the Verizon Note 2 for whatever reason. I wanted an app that I could set the silence time for every night from 10pm to 6am automatically.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

jseah

Reaction score
Yeah blocking mode is not something I would ever use.. Phone is never off unless I'm at gym which goes to airplane mode.. Google voicemail is great as well so I can see text of voicemail if out somewhere..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

You know what's really funny? Just yesterday, I saw a commercial for Apple's "do not disturb" mode on the iPhone 5. I wonder if Verizon is disabling that as well?

[video=youtube;eLJN_d2sVjk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLJN_d2sVjk[/video]

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know what's really funny? Just yesterday, I saw a commercial for Apple's "do not disturb" mode on the iPhone 5. I wonder if Verizon is disabling that as well?

[video=youtube;eLJN_d2sVjk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLJN_d2sVjk[/video]

I always enjoy the mind numbing iphone commercials that advertise things that have been on android for a while like this feature... a second mic for noise elimination.... notifications

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jseah

Reaction score
I always enjoy the mind numbing iphone commercials that advertise things that have been on android for a while like this feature... a second mic for noise elimination.... notifications

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

And a few months from now, we will hear that Apple has received a patent for "do not disturb" and will begin suing Samsung for copying it.

MacLeod

Reaction score
Just thought Id throw in my bit for the battery life - its OUTSTANDING! This is my first full day with my new beloved and Ive been on it almost constantly. Its been off the charger for 13 hours and I swear its been on and Ive been playing with it for at least 8 of those. Ive been downloading all my old apps, playing with the settings, moving things around, downloading and trying out different wallpapers and lots of web surfing. Not to mention a few phone calls, several texts, a few pictures and even a couple videos and Im showing 55% left. Thats just insane!

Best of all it looks like my fears of this thing being too big are unfounded. I got the hard shell cover that goes on the back and has the kick stand and its perfect. Protects, gives me something to grip but doesnt add size and it still drops right into my pocket. Had no problem hauling it around today. This week will be the real test when I get back to work and on the beer truck. If I can make it thru a couple days of that and not have any issues with hauling this behemoth around, Ill be set and this will be my baby for a few years to come.

So yeah, this phone RULEZ! :icon_ lala: