My new Carbon Fiber Driod Case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayden

Reaction score
Hey guys. Iv learked on here for quite some time. Never really had a reason to post. My last phone was a G1 and i bought a real* carbon fiber case for it from Infinity Carbon. Great fit, finish, and customer service. They just released the case for the Droid. Im a big motorcycle/car guy and it fits me perfectly.

Here are a few pics. Snaps on in 2 seconds and fits great. I highly recommend it. Looks like im going to order a case from them for my new iPad too. :icon_ banana:

DSCN4554.jpg

DSCN4556.jpg

DSCN4557.jpg

Hayden

Last edited:

a031363

Reaction score
Is there a front too or just the back? How do you get one and what do they cost?

OP
H

Hayden

Reaction score
Its just the back cover. I asked why they didnt make the face plate as i though i saw on there Face book that they made one. It turns out that they did for a short period of time. They piece is very complicated to make. It was pretty pricey for both parts when they made them. The sales rep told me that face plate was just to delicate and expensive to make. Im 100% content with just the rear cover and understand why it would be hard to make. Im a carbon fiber nerd and its on everything i own.

It was $99. Its by no means cheap and its not for everyone. Most people would buy a cheap'o ebay "Carbon fiber" case for 3 bucks. This is the real deal. If you are a carbon guy like me $99 is pretty reasonable as i just bought a real carbon shift knob for $200....

I got it off there site Infinity Carbon - Carbon Fiber Parts & Accessories

Hayden

toastedoats

Reaction score
Looks nice, CarbonCase is going to have their hands full trying to keep up

OP
H

Hayden

Reaction score
Thanks, Im really happy with it. My pics are not very good nor dose it give any justice.

Hayden

MJ5150

Reaction score
SUH-frickin-WEET! I just bought one. Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder why there is a such a huge gap next to the volume button though. That is odd.

-Mike

Last edited:
OP
H

Hayden

Reaction score
If i had to guess it to have minimal material for when the screen slides. Its doesn't touch it when it opens, but its close. I had a case from them for my G1 and its similar in design and had more material removed on the sliding side too. Im not 100% sure though. Hey Mike its well work the loot if your into Carbon Fiber.

Hayden

MJ5150

Reaction score
......its well work the loot if your into Carbon Fiber.

I bought one, then I e-mailed them to see about getting another one with a custom logo on the back.

I'm not a big car guy, so none of the standard custom backs interested me.

-Mike

OP
H

Hayden

Reaction score
......its well work the loot if your into Carbon Fiber.

I bought one, then I e-mailed them to see about getting another one with a custom logo on the back.

I'm not a big car guy, so none of the standard custom backs interested me.

-Mike

Thats cool mike.They do custom logos? What kind are you going to get. That would be unique.

Hayden

MJ5150

Reaction score
Thats cool mike.They do custom logos? What kind are you going to get. That would be unique.

The website said they do custom work.

I inquired about one with a University of Florida logo on the back, and one with the Pittsburgh Penguins logo.

-Mike

OP
H

Hayden

Reaction score
UF huh.... i think a FSU logo would be much better fit. Haha Just kidding.... not really :). I think i may shoot them an email. I have a few ideas as well for there ipad case i want to order.

Hayden

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
SWEET, finally someone that can actually make and deliver a real case... Hayden can you please post a few pics of the 'inside' of the case (the part that rests on/against the phone). Thanks, this looks great (least better than anything CarbonCase has been able to produce).

Edit:
Also another ? does this case "clip" on or is it just friction fitted? And is the small whole next to the power button (second mic) open (i.e. not covered). Thanks again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.