My miscellaneous files storage shows that I have 8g worth of files.

pilialoha66

Reaction score
My miscellaneous files storage shows that I have 8g worth of files but when I click on it to see what files they are nothing shows as being 8g. The biggest file I have is 1.4g and the rest are just a couple of kb's. Any ideas on what these files could be.

Reaction score
Could that be the operating system and the extra space it sets aside for itself? Mine shows around 6 gigs, and I can't really find where that is located either.

OP
pilialoha66

pilialoha66

Reaction score
That could be it i think i read that it had 16g but only 11g was available for the user

Rolfsted

Reaction score
There is a way to swap the external for internal storage. I followed the directions and have 64gb now as internal storage. That will last me quite awhile.

Rongwey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Maxx
My miscellaneous files storage shows that I have 8g worth of files but when I click on it to see what files they are nothing shows as being 8g. The biggest file I have is 1.4g and the rest are just a couple of kb's. Any ideas on what these files could be.

It very possibly be showing 8GB of files on the main folder (Misc) but the largest file in the folder shows only 1.4 GB because it takes the total of all files in the folder, adds them up, and gives you the sum of them all as the size.