Picked up Maxx this morning: Thoughts - and only 8G?

ShadesOfGrey

Reaction score
Picked up my Razr Maxx this morning!

So far I'm very impressed. VERY fast, I'm getting about 22M down and 11M up (with only 2 bars.)
Battery life is incredible! I have the screen on full brightness, and all options maxed out (max performance profile, max screen brightness, gps & background data on at all times) and it seems to last about 2x as long as my DX.

The screen does have a slight green tinge as some have mentioned (I only notice this on white areas, for example a photo of a face seems to look normal) This seems to be more dramatic when viewing off axis. It's negligible when looking directly at the screen.

Beyond the data rate, the phone itself is quite fast. Noticeably snappier than my Droid X.

One thing that puzzles me is that it shows only 8G internal storage? It shows 8G internal and 16G SD storage.

I also got the car and home docks, the car dock does not do audio as shown on the vzw site, you have to plug the audio in seperately.
The car dock actually said for MAXX on the box, and fits quite nicely. The home dock however did not, and has a snap off spacer I guess to accomodate either the maxx or standard razr with or without thick covers installed.

This phone is still incredibly thin, and actually seems lighter to my than my DX was.

So far I'm very pleased. Any insight on the 8G internal memory or dock differences?

ShadesOfGrey

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The international storage is partitioned in to two haves one for thebsystem and one to act as an internal SD storage.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

msblueline

Reaction score

So far I'm very impressed. VERY fast, I'm getting about 22M down and 11M up (with only 2 bars.)
Battery life is incredible! I have the screen on full brightness, and all options maxed out (max performance profile, max screen brightness, gps & background data on at all times) and it seems to last about 2x as long as my DX.

The screen does have a slight green tinge as some have mentioned (I only notice this on white areas, for example a photo of a face seems to look normal) This seems to be more dramatic when viewing off axis. It's negligible when looking directly at the screen.

Beyond the data rate, the phone itself is quite fast. Noticeably snappier than my Droid X.

One thing that puzzles me is that it shows only 8G internal storage? It shows 8G internal and 16G SD storage.

I also got the car and home docks, the car dock does not do audio as shown on the vzw site, you have to plug the audio in seperately.
The car dock actually said for MAXX on the box, and fits quite nicely. The home dock however did not, and has a snap off spacer I guess to accomodate either the maxx or standard razr with or without thick covers installed.

This phone is still incredibly thin, and actually seems lighter to my than my DX was.

So far I'm very pleased. Any insight on the 8G internal memory or dock differences?

ShadesOfGrey

I read your post and was hoping maybe you got a bad phone, you made me check mine and I noticed that you didn't. Mine says 8.00GBb with 7.99GB available internal storage:crying:

Now, I might be double reading, maybe you could double check and verify. I see where it says Media Sync Storage (two places below internal storage) it has 7.99/8.00GB available. Thats the same readin as internal. Why would it give internal storage and media storage if both are one in the same, unless the two are different. Curious!!!

msblueline

ddfuji

Reaction score

ShadesOfGrey

I bet my razr has similar results as yours. Oh wait. They are the exact same phone. Duh. I hate Motorola...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

msblueline

Reaction score
This gets asked with every phone release...

If we want to scare ourselves then so beit. J/K

Actually, I didn't know they partitioned phones off, I mean I guess I did, but, not to where it makes us ask all the time, "where's my other 8GB of storage?" Then we go on to say, "Man this phone sucks!, They lied to us! I want my other phone back!!!" Admit it, how many of you all thought that...

msblueline

azdrifter

Reaction score
Yeah that freaked me out the first time I bought a moto phone,coming from HTC they don't partition their internal storage. But at least when you add them all up the 16 Gs are still on both cards.

msblueline

Reaction score
I read your post and was hoping maybe you got a bad phone, you made me check mine and I noticed that you didn't. Mine says 8.00GBb with 7.99GB available internal storage:crying:

Now, I might be double reading, maybe you could double check and verify. I see where it says Media Sync Storage (two places below internal storage) it has 7.99/8.00GB available. Thats the same readin as internal. Why would it give internal storage and media storage if both are one in the same, unless the two are different. Curious!!!

msblueline

Well if you read where I qouted myself (can I do that) anyway, it reads the same in both those locations. Why list both if both are the same?

I was also looking at where he said bsystem... Um!, What is the bsystem?

msblueline

OP
ShadesOfGrey

ShadesOfGrey

Reaction score
So if the internal 16G is split into an (unreachable) 8G for apps and an 8g (Media) section - the pain in the ass with that is that I can not choose to 'move to sd' in the app manager - only 'move to media'.

So does this mean that the SD becomes only detatched storage to dump mp3s & video on basically? and is not directly selectable in most apps?