My Froyo Rant

cj1896

Reaction score
I know this is just a test release but there are two things that I think need to get fixed ASAP!

First you can't turn it on silent>vibrate>sound. It either always vibrates, never vibrates or only vibrates when sound is on. Seriously?!?! I've never owned a phone that you can't just go up and down on the volume rocker and go all sounds off>vibrate>sound on. If this is in the final release then it really really sucks.

Second, the merged calendars. I use my phone for business and need to see when my next appointment is for work and when my next appointment is for personal use. I HATE the merged calendar. It makes my exchange calendar virtually useless. I am glad they put the signature support (finally) in the native email app but this is one step forward and 2 steps back in my opinion.

\rant

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I know this is just a test release but there are two things that I think need to get fixed ASAP!

First you can't turn it on silent>vibrate>sound. It either always vibrates, never vibrates or only vibrates when sound is on. Seriously?!?! I've never owned a phone that you can't just go up and down on the volume rocker and go all sounds off>vibrate>sound on. If this is in the final release then it really really sucks.

Second, the merged calendars. I use my phone for business and need to see when my next appointment is for work and when my next appointment is for personal use. I HATE the merged calendar. It makes my exchange calendar virtually useless. I am glad they put the signature support (finally) in the native email app but this is one step forward and 2 steps back in my opinion.

\rant

yeah the vibrate thing is annoying. i actually have mine set to vibrate only when sound is off so i can at least silence the ringer but it will still vibrate.

i dont use the corp calendar so i cant comment on that.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Second, the merged calendars. I use my phone for business and need to see when my next appointment is for work and when my next appointment is for personal use.

Get Android Agenda widget. Create two widgets, set it to "calendars - independent" and show corp calendar in one and personal in the other. Alternatively, I think you can color code different calendars, not sure though.

OP
cj1896

cj1896

Reaction score
Second, the merged calendars. I use my phone for business and need to see when my next appointment is for work and when my next appointment is for personal use.

Get Android Agenda widget. Create two widgets, set it to "calendars - independent" and show corp calendar in one and personal in the other. Alternatively, I think you can color code different calendars, not sure though.

Thanks for that I'll look into it. It is just really frustrating if they are heading down this road.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let's just wait and see what the final release has before downing on Google. They very well could add back the separate calendars if their testers feel the same way as you.

jev

Reaction score
As for the silent issue, I use the beautiful silent widget and it works great.

clucernoni

Reaction score
I use timeriffic for my notification/volume/ring settings. So I did notice that you can't put it on silence, I just use the scheduler to silence it while at work and unsilence when I get off...works just like 2.1 for me. If you have a big problem with the vibrate w/ no silence option you may want to look into an app like this.

eliassami5

Reaction score
never really noticed the vibrate/silent issue untill now. Thats a bummer because when i text at night i put it on silent so i dont wake up my room mate and at work i put it on vibrate. I dont know the logic behind changing that but it might not be like this in the final release so idk.