my Droid X saved my life!

jaw4bama

Reaction score
So, I live in North Alabama, and on Wednesday we had several powerful Torndoes rip up our communities. We lost power and all cell phone service shortly before a Tornado completely destoryed my place of work. Before all that happened I remembered that my Droid X had a built in FM radio. I plugged in my headphones and gave vital information to my fellow coworkers so we could survive. Every single one of us lived, and I believe as a direct fact to my droid x's fm radio. I will never believe in the future that the fm radio is a feature that is a novelty. Please continue to keep all of us in your prayers. I personally have lost a close friend in this awful event.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Sorry to hear about your loss. In those types of situations, every bit of information is, obviously, vital. I wish your community a speedy recovery. Again, my condolences go out for your friend and the family.

Swyped from a Droid

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very sorry for your loses and very happy to hear your DX was able to assist you guys in a time of need.

OP
jaw4bama

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Thanks so much! We are lucky to have a home to go to, so many do not. We are dealing with no power and water and could be for 2 more weeks to come, but that is such a small issue when people are missing entire houses. Again, thanks for the condolences and thoughts.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now if you could only produce power and water with the X.....why doesn't Droid do that?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hang in there. A lot of thoughts and prayers are with all of you in Alabama and surrounding states.