My Droid screen shattered!!!

joeydvdz

Reaction score
Dropped my droid on a concrete sidewalk, hit on the corner. Shattered the screen. LCD was fine, thank god. Bought a digitizer/glass screen on e-bay for $41, got it tonight, just two days later, and as of now it's as good as new. Whew!

joeydvdz

Reaction score
So it wasn't quite good as new. The screen didn't stay glued in properly, so dopey me, I decided to try to remount it. Ripped the flex ribbon connector, destroyed it. Another $45 bucks for that, another hour of futzing around with it, and NOW it's good as new. Blech. Too much droid drama. Thank god it seems to be working now!

Reaction score
So it wasn't quite good as new. The screen didn't stay glued in properly, so dopey me, I decided to try to remount it. Ripped the flex ribbon connector, destroyed it. Another $45 bucks for that, another hour of futzing around with it, and NOW it's good as new. Blech. Too much droid drama. Thank god it seems to be working now!
This is one of the harder repairs, especially getting the ribbon cables back in order when putting the B section together.

ronsalvador

Reaction score
lcd screen ribbon

How do you attach the two ribbons at the back of the screen. Can't get it aligned.

Reaction score
You mean the LCD to the other ribbon? I can't do it I had to get another LCD with the ribbon attached. Some places sell the LCD and expect a person to attach those ribbons themselves, which is dishonest IMO.

Droids

Reaction score
ronsalvador,

You need to get a hold of the parts list for the droid if you need parts. You can Google for the part number and probably find a company selling it. If you just need help re-connecting a cable, it might be best to search for tear-down videos where the droid is taken apart and put back together again.

ronsalvador

Reaction score
Already got the screen but its still not working because I'm not sure if the ribbon is attached correctly. Can't find a guide also. If anyone knows a guide on attaching it, it would be a great help.