another busted droid! (literally)

droider4life

Reaction score
I got into my truck today to head off for lunch when i received a text.. So i took my droid out of my pocket and replied. When finished i rested my droid on my lap and headed to my destination. When i got there i opened the door and hopped out, forgetting about my blessed droid, away it went to the ground, landing face first on the asphalt. To my sad surprise when i picked it up the face was shattered!! ( I could hear taps playing in the background).. Gone but not forgotten..... R.I.P. "Little Buddy"...

Filed a claim with insurance, new one will be here on friday....... :)

Attachments

• droid busted.jpg
    droid busted.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 358

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got into my truck today to head off for lunch when i received a text.. So i took my droid out of my pocket and replied. When finished i rested my droid on my lap and headed to my destination. When i got there i opened the door and hopped out, forgetting about my blessed droid, away it went to the ground, landing face first on the asphalt. To my sad surprise when i picked it up the face was shattered!! ( I could hear tappets playing in the background).. Gone but not forgotten..... R.I.P. "Little Buddy"...

I did the exact same thing. The phone was on my lap, opened the door, turned and it fell to the cement below. Mine landed on the chin though. It has a little dent but otherwise survived just fine. My truck is lifted too. :icon_eek:

Luckily mine didn't land screen down!

OP
droider4life

droider4life

Reaction score
I got into my truck today to head off for lunch when i received a text.. So i took my droid out of my pocket and replied. When finished i rested my droid on my lap and headed to my destination. When i got there i opened the door and hopped out, forgetting about my blessed droid, away it went to the ground, landing face first on the asphalt. To my sad surprise when i picked it up the face was shattered!! ( I could hear tappets playing in the background).. Gone but not forgotten..... R.I.P. "Little Buddy"...

I did the exact same thing. The phone was on my lap, opened the door, turned and it fell to the cement below. Mine landed on the chin though. It has a little dent but otherwise survived just fine. My truck is lifted too. :icon_eek:

Luckily mine didn't land screen down!
this was not even my lifted dodge... it was my 1984 dodge rampage.. so it only fell like two feet... you got lucky!!

hiphopvenom

Reaction score
Wow I must have some good luck.. I have dropped my Droid more than ten times like that(knocks on wood )..I have a seidio innocase on mine..

dgonz

Reaction score
the exact same thing happened to me. I don't have a huge truck though ('05 Ford Sport Trac) but mine has a crack about an inch long on the bottom left corner, luckily it's mostly in the black part of the screen so you can't see it all the time.....i guess...haven't worked up the effort to go try and have it replaced...

Droids

Reaction score
the exact same thing happened to me. I don't have a huge truck though ('05 Ford Sport Trac) but mine has a crack about an inch long on the bottom left corner, luckily it's mostly in the black part of the screen so you can't see it all the time.....i guess...haven't worked up the effort to go try and have it replaced...
And the same happened to me too. Got out of my truck and the droid hit glass first on asphalt. Chipped the edge of the glass in three places, one of which turned into a crack across the lower left edge, just inside the black area, about an inch long. Happened two weeks after I got it back in November, still haven't replaced it, keep waiting for it to happen again but since then I've never dropped it. Other than that, the glass is scratch free. One of these days I'll give assurion (sp) a call.