My Droid has crashed 2 times.

Ott

Reaction score
It crashed a few hours ago while it was in my pocket. Then it just happened now while I was using google sky maps. It's never done this before. So it's two times in one day.

Is it anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance.

pwjone1

Reaction score
Seeing the old Red-Eye of Reboot, are we?

See my question under Droid: Red-Eye, but I've seen this on occasion, and judging from the forum, it's not all that uncommon. I'm trying to figure out how one goes about shooting the problem further. I have a ton of Aps installed, trying to find a workable set for what I need to do, so that's probably part of the problem. There's a Droid mid-December maintenance release coming to fix a number of problems (and a mid-January, scheduled for some of the rest), hopefully the Red-eyes will go away. But in the interim, I wouldn't worry too much, just kill off the unused Aps a bit more, do frequent saves, etc. These sorts of things happen to us early adopters:) Not much of a consolation, my Windows Mobile phone would occasionally still crash after 2 years, but early on, it was a regular crash-a-thon. Things stabilize with time, but a Droid is basically a computer with a phone thrown in, computers (short of mainframes, which are much more robust and even then every 30 years or so) crash.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Ott is really hard to tell what is causing the reboots with some people unless their device is totally clear of any apps which would indicate an exchange is warranted.

Too many variables are involved. What I would suggest is just do a factory reset and do not download any apps for a day or 2 and see how the device behaves. If it reboots with no apps/widgets installed return it. It's defective.

Erich_F

Reaction score
My Droid has crashed 2 times.

Time to revoke its driving privleges, then :)

Seriously, wipe some Apps like stated above, before considering an exchange. I think some of these Apps are written by jobless geeks with nothing better to do.

Trever1t

Reaction score
mine has locked up 2 times since i bought it...both times a battery pull was needed to power down/fix it. Honestly it's an annoyance but damn if my laptop and work station don't do funky things once in a while ;)