My d2g doesn't feel like it used to

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
So its been about a week or 2 now and my d2g doesn't feel as sharp as it used to be. Sometimes it'll feel sluggish, some apps lag pretty bad and the force close option comes up, battery life has been really bad lately.
So I had a look at what tasks are running and I notice that there are one too many tasks running. Tasks/apps like calandar, world clock, google maps, tts service, etc. But when I close some of these apps my app drawer doesn't show my apps.
I thought I may have caught a virus so I tried avg and found nothing. I got rid of almost all my apps from my homescreen, and i'm using droid overclock to tone down the cpu, but none of this seems to help

Here's what i'm running atm: live wallpaper, droid overclock, and 3 widgets on my homescreen, battery profile set to max battery saver, wifi/3g, and auto brightness.
I check out my battery usage and its usually the android system using most of my battery.
I'm thinking about just restoring from one of my restore points from bootstrap recovery. And should I invest in the extended battery from vzw?

And my battery dropped 10% already just by typing this lol

Thanks

Sent from my Droid 2 Global from a galaxy far far away...

chrisl20

Reaction score
Ditch droid overclock....made for d2 and dx, not the d2g which has an extra cpu slot and an overclock module stock...droid overclock only seemed to hurt my phone n the end...hot battery, 3 hour time between battery switch...slow laggy b.s .....and get titanium backup...read about bloatware removal in the tutorial" my battery life writeup"....don't use task killers...and yah...think that's all I can come up w@ the moment...I just woke up tho...so, I hope this helps

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Quick question about removing or freezing bloatware.
Does freezing it just simply keep it from running? And whenever that gb update does get released does titanium allow me to unfreeze the apps?

lerit50

Reaction score
Quick question about removing or freezing bloatware.
Does freezing it just simply keep it from running? And whenever that gb update does get released does titanium allow me to unfreeze the apps?

It freezes the apps and doesn't let them run and you can't access them. Its like they're gone.

You can unfreeze just as easily as you freeze.

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ditch droid overclock....made for d2 and dx, not the d2g which has an extra cpu slot and an overclock module stock...droid overclock only seemed to hurt my phone n the end...hot battery, 3 hour time between battery switch...slow laggy b.s .....and get titanium backup...read about bloatware removal in the tutorial" my battery life writeup"....don't use task killers...and yah...think that's all I can come up w@ the moment...I just woke up tho...so, I hope this helps

I disagree. I've been using Droid Overclock for 2+ months and haven't had problems. Yes, its made for 4 slot kernels but it works just fine on 5 too, you just have the 300mhz slot and then the 400 and up. As for phone being hot, its overclocked so it will get hotter as it runs faster and uses more power.

Sent from a D2G running my rom

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I thought I may have caught a virus so I tried avg and found nothing.

i'm using droid overclock to tone down the cpu.

You tried to scan your phone with AVG? Unless I missed soemthing AVG is a windows virus scanner, not linux/android, so its not going to find a virus. The few linux viruses out there are not the same as windows viruses. And even then i dont know if standard linux viruses would run on android.

As for cpu, get SetCPU and you can set up profiles like turning the cpu down to 300MHz when the screen is off.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I thought I may have caught a virus so I tried avg and found nothing.

i'm using droid overclock to tone down the cpu.

You tried to scan your phone with AVG? Unless I missed soemthing AVG is a windows virus scanner, not linux/android, so its not going to find a virus. The few linux viruses out there are not the same as windows viruses. And even then i dont know if standard linux viruses would run on android.

As for cpu, get SetCPU and you can set up profiles like turning the cpu down to 300MHz when the screen is off.

There's an AVG for droids also, its in the market. There's a discussion in my signature that's about virus's/antivirus's if you want more info.

Only bad thing about setCPU is you cant truly OC, it just regulates with the default speeds. You also can't undervolt with it.

Sent from a D2G running my rom