My Bionic's first big fall

sk102704

Reaction score
My Bionic took its first real digger since I got it and as a testament to Motos build quality it came away without a scratch!

I was on a treadmill with it sitting in front of me listening to music and my arm caught the headphone wire and first it got whipped into a bar in front of it then fell to the treadmill then got thrown to the ground by the moving belt. No case and not a scratch plus it didn't even stop playing the music. No after effects too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I got ya beat.....riding my bike last night streaming Pandora. Hit a bump at about 40 mph and suddenly all was quiet...phone was gone!!!! I turned around and went back, thank god there was no traffic cause it was laying in the middle of the lane face up paused on Pandora. Silicone case has a scuff, thankfully I wasn't running naked. I am gonna have to rethink that mount........

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Done this a couple times with my Itouch, that's why I use it when running on the treadmill and not my droid heh. Don't care if I break that thing to pieces.

jugstats

Reaction score
Nice to here they are built strong. I bought a stereo bluetooth head set so this wont happen.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Haha oh yes the joys of treadmills and wired headphones. Lol I've done that so many times with my Og Droid. That phone was a trooper. I accidentally threw it through a glass window, dropped it out my car window, and tossed it around everywhere. I always had a case on it but it was just one of plastic ones from Verizon. Motorola does build some great phones. Knock on wood my precious Bionic doesn't have to go through any of that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Haha we've all been......wait what?!?!?!?!?!?

Story please? Haha

Lol honestly its not even that great of a story. Me and my girl were hangin out at the house and my roommate was being an idiot so I guess I pretended to hurl my phone at him and it slipped out of my hand and went straight through the window behind him lol

HorsePony

Reaction score
Pfffft! I'm gonna go throw my Bionic in a tub of acid and then come back here in tell you all how much I have you beat!

Haha....seriously, though, great to hear.
I'm always so careful with my phones (the D1, now the Bionic), and I take it with me on both bike rides and now my long marathon training runs.
Haven't had the scenario yet, but good to hear that it's surviving through some of your accidental "stress tests." :)

dparm

Reaction score
The Gorilla Glass is what's the saving grace. I saw a guy drop his Evo 4G on the sidewalk and shatter it yesterday...won't happen with GG.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Yea these Motorola devices are built to withstand the stresses of life that's for sure. I only had 1 other phone before my Og Droid that I thought was indestructible and that was the first LG Chocolate. That thing was cool. I used to put it in the sun visor in my truck and one day on the freeway I forgot it was there and put my visor down and it fell and bounced out the window at 70mph. Went back to get it and it was all scratched up but was still in 1 piece. That same phone got left in my jeans pocket and went through a full cycle in the washer and dryer lmao. Powered it on and it worked perfect lmao. I'm very hard on my phones if you can't tell. I'm trying not to be anymore though since they are getting so expensive and all. I'm babying my Bionic.

Stingray71

Reaction score
Dropped mine twice so far, once on cement. Luckily it was wrapped in the Otter Box Defender Case. Although, I have to give some of the blame to the case for that one. As I was walking it creeped off of my belt and fell. :frown: I guess my belt is a bit to wide for the clip, still, I would think it would still hold.

Anyway, phone still works just fine.

Abadus

Reaction score
The Gorilla Glass is what's the saving grace. I saw a guy drop his Evo 4G on the sidewalk and shatter it yesterday...won't happen with GG.

GG is not titanium. My uncle dropped his OG Droid on the ground and shattered the glass... Thankfully the screen still works it is just hard to read.

McGyver777

Reaction score
If there are guardian angels we pray they holds special vigil over our bionics; at least until the price drops! I could not take the worry. Verizon got the insurance money out of me.
:)