My 1st week with my HTC One

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Its been a week since I got my Blue HTC One from Best Buy for the $50 special. I was on the fence, and still am with this phone and the LG G2. I am coming from an HTC Rezound BTW.
I used these as criteria for choosing this phone, in order of importance.

1. Battery Life
2. UI experience

Thats pretty much it. Im not big on specs, because most of the new phones are close to the same. I know the One's processor speed is a little slower but I cant tell the difference.

Love the phone so far. I was looking for a device that I wouldn't have to purchase an extended battery for and be able to use it right out the box. This version of Sense is MUCH better than my Rezound. Its not as cluttered/heavy as former versions of Sense. I was ready to install Nova or Apex but dont think i'll have to now.
The size is nice and not too big IMO. Battery life so far has been excellent for me, usually lasting 12-13 hours before I have to plug it in. My Rezound on stock battery wouldnt last more than 5.

Even with the phone being 6-7 months old, it still feels just as quick as the new devices out there. I tested the Maxx, Ultra, S4, and G2. Out of all of them, I like the G2 the best next to the One. i still have a week before I make my final decision whether to keep it or go with the G2. Im not a real spec guy, just was interested in the whole experience.

If anyone out there is interested in getting the HTC, you probably wont be disappointed, especially of your coming from a device thats over 1-2 years old.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
im really considering this phone, ive been interested in the One since it first came out. I like the blue and love the price. any ideas how long Best Buy will selling it at this price, and why everyone else is selling this phone for $100 more?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Last week someone on the forum said that the $50 price ends today, but who knows if that's correct. I guess we'll know tomorrow.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Whoever said it was correct. It's back up to $200 for both the blue and silver ones today. I got mine the first week just in case it was only for 1 week.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
they were right, Best Buy price is $199. I took too long to decide. wirefly has the silver version for $149, but I really like that blue. I might have to pay for my procrastination.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
they were right, Best Buy price is $199. I took too long to decide. wirefly has the silver version for $149, but I really like that blue. I might have to pay for my procrastination.

Maybe call a couple BB locations and see if you can talk them in to the deal price. Tell'm you will come in right now and buy one. Cant hurt to try!

surge

Reaction score
I paid $99 at Costco last Saturday. Got a cover and a few other accessories. The biggest reason I decided to make the move was because Costco was able to upgrade me and keep the unlimited plan intact. They said it was the last day they could do it. Maybe it was a sales gimmick, but Verizon or Best Buy couldn't do it, plus the phone was $199 at both places.

Turbosaurus

Reaction score
Im a sprint customer and with my upgrade it was $199 everywhere else, but Amazon had the One on sale for $49 two days ago- not sure when it ends
Made the decision on which new phone to get for me...