1+ Week In

GadgetRick

Reaction score
So have had my G3 for a little over a week now. Took it on a long weekend trip and banged away on it all day in a theme park.

The G2 was the best phone I've ever had--and I've had a LOT of phones--until I got the G3. They really did improve on an already awesome device. Not much earth-shattering (other than the incredible screen) but just improved on all of the good things the G2 had going for it.

One thing I've noticed is, obviously, the battery life isn't as good as the G2 but it's not bad. However, I've noticed that when using Google Maps to navigate--something I do quite a bit--it just SUCKS the battery down. Not a huge deal as I just plug it in while driving but, man, it eats through the battery quickly!

Keep in mind, I stream Sirius on my G3 as my radio in the car ALL of the time. It doesn't suck down the battery nearly as fast as when using Maps.

The screen really is incredible. I'm amazed at how good it looks. And when viewing UHD 4k material...HOLY COW!!! Netflix has a handful of titles streaming in 4k now. Check them out for sure. Just awesome. I hate looking at my tablet--an iPad 2 now.

Anyway, still extremely pleased with the phone overall.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Glad to hear ya loving the G3 ..do you keep the screen on when using navigation? I'm thinking possible just listening to directions might save on some battery ...although if you are charging at the same time is it still draining faster than charging ..

M8 tap'd

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Thanks for sharing

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Glad to hear ya loving the G3 ..do you keep the screen on when using navigation? I'm thinking possible just listening to directions might save on some battery ...although if you are charging at the same time is it still draining faster than charging ..

M8 tap'd
Yes, I keep the screen on during navigation because I need to. I also keep it on while streaming Sirius and it doesn't drain nearly as quickly. Maps definitely sucks the battery down more than other apps.