Must Have Tool For Amazon 5th Gen Tablet!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Amazon Fire 5th Gen Tablet has to be one of the best values in tech period. There aren't many decent tablets on the market that you can buy for only $50! The only thing that would keep me from wanting to buy a tablet like this is the included OS. It is a forked version of Android that bares no resemblance of Pure AOSP. You don't even have access to the Play Store.

Rootjunky put together a neat little tool that allows you to easily add the Play Store to your device and remove all ads from the lockscreen. There are some other options here including adb driver install, block ota updates, unblock ota updates, boot device into twrp recovery, boot into cm recovery, and root your amazon fire. Head to the link below to install.

via Rootjunkysdl

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This would make the perfect gift for my two children who live and breath Apple products. My son has access to larger Android tablets at home, but still prefers to use his iPod touch to do everything. He begged to get an iPhone, so we got him an iPhone 4S and he complains that it's too slow. He could have gotten a brand new Android phone, that would have been way faster, but he got what he asked for. My daughter uses her cracked iPad mini for everything. Cracked or no, she loves it.

Anyway, it would be an interesting experiment to buy this for them, and see if they use it, or watch it collect dust.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
This would make the perfect gift for my two children who live and breath Apple products.
Ground them, take away their video games, take away their Apple products.

kjumper187

Reaction score
Just got my 5th gen last night. 1st thing I wanted was the play store. Checking this out tonight when I get home, for sure! Thanks!