Easily Root 5.1.1 On The 5th Gen Amazon Fire!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amazon-fire-5th-gen.jpg

The 5th Gen Amazon Fire is no flagship tablet, but is pretty good at doing what is made to do which is consume media. With root you can modify this tablet to make it even more useful. For starters you will be able to add the Google Play Store which means you will be able to use apps you have already purchased from Google.

Rooting the 5th Generation Amazon Fire tablet is now super simple thanks to the new SuperTool toolkit by RootJunky. The toolkit has other various modding options. It should be released later this evening. Check out Rootjunky's twitter feed for updates.

via @rootjunky

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanPm40

Reaction score
You can also just run a script through ADB from rootjunky that gives you Google play services without root :). Did it for my girlfriend the other day. There are some apps that don't like to play nice, though.

k1601

Reaction score
I ran this tool last night and it worked great, root is installed, Nova launcher is running, play store is good to go, and ads are gone! Probably took 30 minutes total. My slow Internet connection took longer to download the tool then to run it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

matzel82

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
FireTab 5th Gen 2015 7"
I have the same Device, i have tried to Root the FireTab (OS 5.1.1).
i did it exactly how the Instructions. ADB Driver ist installed.

But the problem, after the Fastboot (the Device) it stuck in Fastboot ( =>Fastboot Mode) but it goes no further.

after long press from the Power Button it Restart.

I have seen that my Win7 PC searching in this moment for a Driver for the Device MT65xx preloader.....

Sorry for my bad english, iam from Germany.

k1601

Reaction score

But the problem, after the Fastboot (the Device) it stuck in Fastboot ( =>Fastboot Mode) but it goes no further.

I have seen that my Win7 PC searching in this moment for a Driver for the Device MT65xx preloader.....

I had the same problem before the supertool was released. Are you having this problem with the root supertool or with the original adb root script?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RyanPm40

Reaction score

Even though the driver is installed, are you positive that Windows is recognizing your Kindle as an ADB device? Check Windows' "Device Manager" and make sure there isn't a yellow exclamation point next to your kindle. I remember I had to go through a LOT of headaches to get ADB working on Win7 with the Kindle, despite it recognizing the USB device. I had to play with some lines in the android SDK's driver to make it look for the Kindle hardware.

I'm assuming you already did this, but also double-check that you've enabled ADB Debugging in your tablet's developer settings.