Must Have Apps For Wear 3.0

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow @mountainbikermark, these are excellent suggestions. Thanks! I've been mia but see what I've been missing. I'm going to try some of your suggestions and I'm going to start with the color flashlight.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I'm looking forward to reading your take on the app .

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm looking forward to reading your take on the app .
Looks like I've got some exploring to do. I never paid attention to all of the apps you could install on your watch. Wow! Right now I have the color flashlight set up so all I have to do is double tap the right side of my watchface. This is going to be handy for many many things. I think I'm also going to start looking into creating my own watch face. Thanks for introducing me to new watch possibilities. WooHoo!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First off , I put Tapatalk back so I can upload screen shots of what I mean vs failing every time I tried on the big forum .
Anyway I don't know how long it's been here but the music player has the ability to scroll your list . If I'm choosing recently added , a playlist , going by artist , whatever on the phone music player when I gesture flip up from the bottom on the watch it brings up the list I'm going by . No more tap forward or backward a certain number of times if I want to jump more than 1 track .
This is using the watch as a phone butler for Power Amp or other music player on the phone .
Screenshot_20220317_160327_mediacontroller.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you're out and about and wondering if the package with the pecan coffee you ordered for your wife had arrived yet . Well there isn't an Amazon package or shopping app for Wear or Tizen and you don't want your wife to hear your Echo app shpeel out that a package had arrived so what do you do ? The phone is at home since the watch is LTE (or even the Bluetooth version and you don't feel like pulling out your phone ) so there's no looking at that screen . Samsung internet is a simple to use browser app for quick things you want to use the web for .
I don't suggest it for graphic intensive pages or deep searches but for quick searches for your favorite eatery this may be a great help . Once you do find the destination address , Maps comes into play on the watch to help get you there .
These are just 2 more of the bloatware apps that are embedded on the Galaxy Watch 4 , be it the LTE or the Bluetooth only version .
Screenshot_20220320_182107_recent.jpg
Screenshot_20220320_183112_sbrowser.jpg
Screenshot_20220320_183414_maps.jpg
Screenshot_20220320_183504_maps.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's one I forgot I ever had . It's called Wearable Widgets .

Any widget on your phone can now be added to your Galaxy Watch 4 and added as a Tile (aka widget) on your watch .
Here's 2 examples of how I use it . For well over a decade I've depended on Color Note for anything from a reminder to secured passwords . On my watch it now shows today's agenda in the tile . I also use it for starting up Audible app from my watch . It plays the app on my phone but I no longer need to reach for my phone to pick up where I left off in the latest I'm audibling .
It's pretty easy to set up from the phone then you make it a tile on your watch by basically scrolling right to left until you get to a + symbol then tap it to add .
Screenshot_20220604_090313_wearablewidgets.jpg
Screenshot_20220604_090316_wearablewidgets.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you want to make use of the noises your watch can make , aka ringtone and notification sounds but not using the ones Samsung embedded .
This one works with or without the phone companion app. As the screenshots show , I've changed my ringtone and notification from stock to ones I made years ago when I had a flip phone and BITPIM was THE way to get around locked file systems on the phone .
Anyway , find the one you want , share to wear music and it'll be there. Open the file manager and scroll down to music . Tap it and you'll find your files there . Long press the one you want and tap the 3 dots to the left of the screen . Choose copy . Tap the arrow facing left at the top of the screen to go back a screen or 2 (depending on how deep you went into your music folder ) then scroll down to ringtone or notification folder tap it then tap the check mark on the lower right screen . It'll be where you want it. Restart your PHONE . For some reason it won't show up unless you restart your phone . Let them talk to each other for a few minutes then go to settings , sounds , then the option you want to change . I don't know why I had to wait a few minutes after everything reconnected but when I did so everything worked as planned but before I did that it was showing the name but playing the wrong sounds .
This little file explorer can do more than just that but that's the only thing I've really dug into so far . I used to use the Tizen version on my Gear 1 to import PDFs. as well as music and ringtones .
Hope you enjoy this cool and free app .
Screenshot_20221008_132854_vending.jpg
Screenshot_20221008-132952_Google Play Store.jpg
Screenshot_20221008_133301_settings.jpg

Darth Mode 10+
Edit. By accident I found a MUCH simpler way to get the new stuff going . Instead of a reboot force stop the Wear app on your phone and force stop the file manager app and settings app on your watch .

Last edited:
OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You want blood pressure reading capability on your Galaxy Watch 4 (or 5) in the United States before the FDA approves it ?
Download a free app from the play store called Easy Fire Tools .
I gotta get ok from the higher ups before I post the next step (a website where you download a couple of apps XDA has publicly released ) because I am not sure if talking about debugging the watch is allowed publicly . At any rate here's a few screen shots to show it's real . My blood pressure after calibrating with my main blood pressure monitor for accuracy .
Screenshot_20221014_213602_shealthmonitors.jpg
Screenshot_20221014_214422_shealthmonitors.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The watch is now capable of both ECG and Blood Pressure monitoring
A screenshot of the test result for screenshot purposes .
Screenshot_20221014_215739_shealthmonitors.jpg
Screenshot_20221014-215747_Samsung Health Monitor.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tiles can be set with the BP and ECG side loaded app
Screenshot_20221029_172243_sysui.jpg
Screenshot_20221029_172240_sysui.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like I never talked about the calculator in detail .
A calculator is a calculator is a calculator unless it's on your wrist . Some of us are old enough to remember when a hand held calculator by Texas Instruments itself was a big friggin deal and then Casio made a Data Bank calculator watch . Just . Marvel of marvels . But I digress .
This app has your standard type of keyboard with buttons , though still small, that are more initiative than the Data Bank of as well as larger . We recently did inventory at work and it was very handy for not only calculating long strings of numbers (which I used to be able to do in my head ) , quickly calculating large quantities but also converting pieces to linear feet or vice versa as needed . There's also a tip calculator,for those that aren't fluent in multiplying by decimal points , that can also be used to figure out after tax prices . It also saves your history with ability to clear it on demand .
It's not a scientific calculator by any means but for basic needs it beats pulling out the phone , using a standalone calculator or pencil and paper of old
Screenshot_20221030_085318_calculator.jpg
Screenshot_20221030_085054_calculator.jpg
Screenshot_20221030_085014_calculator.jpg
Screenshot_20221030_085001_calculator.jpg
Screenshot_20221030_084954_calculator.jpg
Screenshot_20221030_084921_calculator.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not to be forgotten totally is the Samsung internet browser app. It's not embedded bloatware, which is good for most who would just scratch their head at why , but it does come in handy at times .
Here I have my orders from Amazon as a bookmark for when I have packages coming so I can check their progress , Facebook , Google home page and last but not least Droidforums for when I'm out and about but my phone is not and I want to check out my favorite forum on my LTE smartwatch . For in depth browsing this is not what you want to use . For basics it's fine .
Screenshot_20221106_101025_sysui.jpg
Screenshot_20221106_101014_sbrowser.jpg
Screenshot_20221106_100844_sbrowser.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That belt I ordered is out for delivery.
Screenshot_20221106_110538_sbrowser.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
An app I discussed before , Easy Fire Tools , can be used once again to install the APK , available on XDA , of the stock faces of the Pixel Watch. In the screen shot of the other thread I used Keep as my complication on that face but on another I use the put the calculator instead . Another is pretty vanilla but the colors are changeable and the display is huge . The battery level can be changed , this one I changed to my heart rate .
A how to video call be watched here
Screenshot_20221110_173214_sysui.jpg
Screenshot_20221110_173437_sysui.jpg
20221110_173524.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score