Music Volume

paladin732

Reaction score
Mine is insanely loud. Louder then my Droid 1 and Droid 2 (btw, does OG droid stand for original generation droid?) I was never able to hear the music player from either Droid while in the shower, the Thunderbolt is quite clear and easy to hear in it

Make sure that you have media volume up, in the volume settings in the control panel there are about 4 levels that you can set

OP
stuigi

stuigi

Reaction score
All of my volume controls are at their loudest and I spoke to VZ on the phone and they connected me with an HTC representative. So far there have been no reported issues on their end. I suggest that anyone else feeling it is too low call VZ an let them note it.
Maybe my expectations were too high (no pun intended) as my omnia side by side was louder. If I open the kick stand and place it on a wooden table it is louder, though not the "dolby surround" loudness I was expecting. And yes if I use headphones it is plenty loud. I can live with it and hope that in the future there will be an update

Shelooga

Reaction score
mine seems normal. im very sensitive to loud noises though so maybe i just think mines fine but is really low.

a few things to consider though...
not every mp3 is recorded on the same level and some songs just arent 'loud'. i play music softly through my phone at work and i keep the volume as low as it can go and i can barely hear it. every now and then i hear nothing for ten minutes because a few quiet songs come on..
also, having the kickstand in deadens the waves, and having the speaker face away from you also directs them away (my name is captain obvious). these are things to take into onsideration if you feel it is too low.

or maybe you do have a bum speaker, and if you do definitely go back asap, exchange, and try the new one before you go home with it.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Mine is insanely loud. Louder then my Droid 1 and Droid 2 (btw, does OG droid stand for original generation droid?) I was never able to hear the music player from either Droid while in the shower, the Thunderbolt is quite clear and easy to hear in it

Make sure that you have media volume up, in the volume settings in the control panel there are about 4 levels that you can set

May want to get a hearing test (no offense intended), a Droid is easily loud enough to hear in a shower. Background noise (the water) would only drown out music this loud because of your hearing range, I know I'm half deaf in one ear...my frequency range is severely limited because of this ( I can't hear high pitch..watch beeps, certain alarms, certain smoke detectors, certain music devices with tiny range limited speakers well at all).

OP
stuigi

stuigi

Reaction score

May want to get a hearing test (no offense intended), a Droid is easily loud enough to hear in a shower. Background noise (the water) would only drown out music this loud because of your hearing range, I know I'm half deaf in one ear...my frequency range is severely limited because of this ( I can't hear high pitch..watch beeps, certain alarms, certain smoke detectors, certain music devices with tiny range limited speakers well at all).
The least you could have said was, "Can you hear me now?"

runswithpickles

Reaction score
I've had no issues with the media speaker volume. It's as loud if not louder than my Droid OG.

But I am having issues with hiss using the headphone jack. I've got a pair of Yurbuds that hiss like crazy. So bad that you can't listen to music even if you have it cranked up. But then I throw on my old, crappy Phillips sportband type headphones and the hiss is gone by I have to turn the volume to 9 out of a theoretical 10 to get decent volume.

My Yurbduds worked perfectly with my Droid OG.

Anyone else having issues?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I've had no issues with the media speaker volume. It's as loud if not louder than my Droid OG.

But I am having issues with hiss using the headphone jack. I've got a pair of Yurbuds that hiss like crazy. So bad that you can't listen to music even if you have it cranked up. But then I throw on my old, crappy Phillips sportband type headphones and the hiss is gone by I have to turn the volume to 9 out of a theoretical 10 to get decent volume.

Try a media player that does not need the android media server, I believe Cubed doesn't.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score

I have a pair of Sennheiser CX300-B headphones as well as a pair of Grado SR60 cans. Loving the sound :) No hiss as far as I can tell.

kparks

Reaction score

I have a pair of Sennheiser CX300-B headphones as well as a pair of Grado SR60 cans. Loving the sound :) No hiss as far as I can tell.
yea sennheiser all the way... best pair of affordable buds i ever bought highly recommend a pair

lee__D

Reaction score
just put on a video from youtube, very loud. try something from youtube, op. if u did, maybe it is the speaker

bearklaws007

Reaction score
I have OG Droid also...The Thunderbolt is not even close to the volume level of it..,My wifes droid x is even louder then the Thunderbolt...

Parafly9

Reaction score
I just put on a video from Youtube. Mine is wicked crappy sounding too. It's really quiet, I as just thinking that yesterday> Headset sounds find, ringtones are fine, but Media Volume is really poor.

I agree my OG droid sounds much better.

champaned_out

Reaction score
speakerphone is just as loud or louder than my droid og... but media music is insanely low.. hopefully there will be a fix for this