Music stream app

TheDJ

Reaction score
Hey guys, Looking for a music app similar to spotify which is not available in the US. App to search music and create playlists etc.. I know their is Rhapsody, but I think its $15/month which is a little much, but wanted to know if their are any others that you guys are using on the Droid? Thanks

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
GROOVESHARK by far the best music player out right now, no downloading and you get the exact song you want to listen to unlike pandora and slacker.

well worth the 3 bucks you need to create a login, and if you dont like it cancel and its only 3 bucks, but i guarentee you will enjoy it. so far everyone in my family/friends i told to get it love it.

Last edited:
OP
T

TheDJ

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Funky, Pandora and Slacker are good, however you can't search for songs and add to playlists. I may give Rhapsody a try as I see they dropped to $10/month which is not bad.

I will take a look at Grooveshark as well.

Last edited:

solorca

Reaction score
I have tried Grooveshark, and I am not a fan. Maybe I'm just missing it, but I can't find a way to listen to an entire album.

It's probably good if you're only interested in individual songs, but I'm not really into that.

Rhapsody is expensive, but I love the service. I'm still debating over whether I'm willing to shell out $10 a month for it though.

OP
T

TheDJ

Reaction score
I have tried Grooveshark, and I am not a fan. Maybe I'm just missing it, but I can't find a way to listen to an entire album.

It's probably good if you're only interested in individual songs, but I'm not really into that.

Rhapsody is expensive, but I love the service. I'm still debating over whether I'm willing to shell out $10 a month for it though.

Yeah I just tried Grooveshark, you can get an album, but you have to do a lot of work to compile it.

Rhapsody is almost exactly like Spotifty, they have really improved. I already found quite a few albums that I wanted, so I might do the $10/month. Right now I am on the 14 day trial.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
What i do with grooveshark is yes, its hard to really search by albums and create playlists, however what i do is i just use the online version add all the albums i want to my playlists and BOOM ! its all there :) or maybe try searching for the album name, havent tried that yet but havent really been able to.

The point of grooveshark solorca is that you can listen to any song you want at any time without having to wait minutes for it to download onto the phone. Say you are out to dinner with friends and someone mentions a song you can just search it and play it right away instead of having to go through hoops with other apps. this came alot in handy for me and my fiance while we are on the go and thought about songs for our reception even she uses it all the time and doesnt know much about smartphones on her android phone (devour :( )