MUSIC playback has been horrible in the last 2 builds

MrLane

Reaction score
anyone know what is up. I use my phone as a music player just as much as I use it for everything else. First time i had the issue I figured it was a bad copy of the cd I was trying to listen to. However when I went to music I had on previous releases it would still stutter and is overall annoying. I use my phone as the music player in my car and always when I work out at the gym. I would really like to see this issue resolved and I have tried stock/deprimed/ and chevy kernels so I do not believe that to be the issue considering everything was great a few weeks ago. Its something I notice with extended music play occasionally it happens right away but most of the time after like 10 mins of continuous listening

Reaction score
It is probably due to memory restrictions. I suggest you try running the V6 supercharger script. I used the OOM fixes/HTK launcher setting and I have been having very minimal issues since then.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea, on the last few builds I feel like my music 'skips' like a record every so often, just like hesitates quickly then goes back to playing. It doesn't bother me much because it isnt that annoying or that often, but still.

You COULD run the V6 script like droidaddict101 said, however I dono what numbers you would want to try. The last 2 builds of MIUI have come with the #8 (multitasking) script built in, so no need to run that one...

OP
M

MrLane

Reaction score
i am running 8 & 12... see I don't think I should have to sacrifice launcher speed to have decent music playback

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
lose the 12 and try.
You probably won't get redraws anyway
I'm going to put a warning in the update when you choose bulletproof launcher... sometimes it's just too strong... that's why I came up with htk launcher instead so it's the best of both options

Last edited:
OP
M

MrLane

Reaction score
Ok i dropped 12 went to 11 with htk. I won't be able to truly test it out until tomorrow I have to get ready for work its my 2nd shift of the day

* initial tests are going well have it playing while I get ready and no hiccups yet so I think it may be safe to recommend that anyone using MIUI GB should be using script option 11*

Last edited:

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The default settings on the rom are 8 and 11. So if you run the script with those, it shouldn't change anything, just add 1 more script to run in init.d

I haven't noticed skips in music, but I don't use my phone to play a lot of music.

I assume you are playing mp3 files with miui music? Have you tried disabling the equalizer to see if that helps?

kamisan

Reaction score
The default settings on the rom are 8 and 11. So if you run the script with those, it shouldn't change anything, just add 1 more script to run in init.d

I haven't noticed skips in music, but I don't use my phone to play a lot of music.

I assume you are playing mp3 files with miui music? Have you tried disabling the equalizer to see if that helps?

Magiman7. Good advice. Last build dropping eq did it for me. Seems to overwhelm the processor when it's on. V6 script or not.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums