music not consolidating albums?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else downloaded an album off of amazon mp3 and the music app split it up by artist, even under the "albums" tab? I've downloaded a couple of albums off of amazon recently and it does this every time... I can't seem to get it to consolidate them, and the meta data in the mp3's appears correct and the same.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bump! :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

welterbf123

Reaction score
Has anybody else downloaded an album off of amazon mp3 and the music app split it up by artist, even under the "albums" tab? I've downloaded a couple of albums off of amazon recently and it does this every time... I can't seem to get it to consolidate them, and the meta data in the mp3's appears correct and the same.

I use the 3D Cube music app and I have a whole lot of music that I copied from my CD collection into MP3's. For some reason, there are 2 albums that will not show up in my music list even though it's in the proper folder and they are MP3's like all the rest. I cannot see what is different about those 2 albums compared to the rest of them but they will not show up on my Droid. :icon_evil:

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else downloaded an album off of amazon mp3 and the music app split it up by artist, even under the "albums" tab? I've downloaded a couple

I use the 3D Cube music app and I have a whole lot of music that I copied from my CD collection into MP3's. For some reason, there are 2 albums that will not show up in my music list even though it's in the proper folder and they are MP3's like all the rest. I cannot see what is different about those 2 albums compared to the rest of them but they will not show up on my Droid. :icon_evil:

That has happened to me before with cubed and the stock music app. Try downloading sdrescan from the market, run it, and see if that works.

Sam Fisher

Reaction score
hey towers, everytime i do a new rom or whatever, i always have to split my playlists back up with astro, but the files sometimes can be in the wrong folders, it also depends on the file name and extension, for some reason the mp3's are not always mp3's like they should be, like wav or mp4's, especially like free music you get from the various apps for free music, from random sources, sometimes they get moved to a folder under a music app, and you just have to move them into a consolidated file under "music" or whatever you nominate...

hope this helps, but im not so sure i understood the question... oh well i hope this helps someone.

Sam Fisher

Reaction score
another note in astro, the files will look completely different to the logical, artist,song,album to random #'s and letters, even if the song looks correct in the player, as in, now playing. hard to explain but its always screwed up in astro.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The attached screen shows what I'm trying to figure out, if that helps. All of those should be under one album listing.

PS that album was put on at my wife's request :icon_eek:

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 406

foolydooly

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The attached screen shows what I'm trying to figure out, if that helps. All of those should be under one album listing.

What program are you using to ID3 tag it?

Try using different program. Also, try using ID3v2, with option "ALBUM ARTIST". You might be suffering from that problem...

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Try using different program. Also, try using ID3v2, with option "ALBUM ARTIST". You might be suffering from that problem...

Not sure, never even heard of that. I do know that this problem has only occurred with albums I have downloaded off of Amazon MP3. I go into the files and make sure the metadata looks correct, but they still are split. The rest of my library (which I spent days converting to mp3 and getting the meta data correct) works as expected. I'll do some digging on the ID3 thing...

foolydooly

Reaction score

Not sure, never even heard of that. I do know that this problem has only occurred with albums I have downloaded off of Amazon MP3. I go into the files and make sure the metadata looks correct, but they still are split. The rest of my library (which I spent days converting to mp3 and getting the meta data correct) works as expected. I'll do some digging on the ID3 thing...

Metadata is overall name for identification used for music files. ID3 is specifically for MP3 files.

Drop the MP3 files in any music player (Winamp or iTunes recommended since it's easiest to edit from them) and re-edit Metadata completely.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did it in winamp, and the id3v2 info all looks right in each song (I think?)...

Track #s are 1/13, 2/13, 3/13, etc. Disc # is 1/1 for each song. Album is "Serendipity - Music From The Miramax Motion Picture" for each song and Album Artist is "Serendipity (Motion Picture Soundtrack)" for each song.

foolydooly

Reaction score
well, no clue then... I'm certain that Amazon MP3s don't come with DRM. that could be only thing causing it...

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, will report back if/when i figure this out... thanks for trying though!