Music getting deleted?

andi8291819

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy C5
Twitter
pewdiepie
alright im an absolute noob so please give me a simple solution for this. so i put this folder of music into my sd card right (it came w the phone its a kinda dodgy unbranded 16gb but so far its worked perfectly fine so). and like okay it's all good in the hood. i open google play music. choose a song. WOAH it does not play. i go check the folder in my files. IT'S EMPTY! i actually did this like about five times now like and the files just get deleted. theyre not even hiding i plugged into the laptop and they're just GONE. they were mp3 files so i tried aac thinking it would make a difference but no my piece of **** sd card keeps deleting my songs. and btw all my old songs and stuff are TOTALLY FINE its just this ONE FOLDER and i tried ANOTHER FOLDER and it just DELETES ITSELF i never asked my phone to delete my ****.

i have the android version 6.0.1 no idea which name it is but yeah. please tell me what to do to fix this as if i am a five year old child.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum... Just curious have you tried to play music from any other app besides Google play music... What phone are you using?

Sent using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
how are you copying the music to the card? are you copying the files with the card in the computer or are you syncing using cable between computer and phone

OP
A

andi8291819

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy C5
Twitter
pewdiepie
Welcome to the forum... Just curious have you tried to play music from any other app besides Google play music... What phone are you using?

Sent using Tapatalk

hi wow I've a samsung c5 and like i dont think its the music player thats the issue. i did use phonograph but it made me feel bad somehow so i switched back to google play

OP
A

andi8291819

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy C5
Twitter
pewdiepie
how are you copying the music to the card? are you copying the files with the card in the computer or are you syncing using cable between computer and phone

i connected it using cable and dragged and dropped,

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
When you are copying over music you are dragging music files themselves not folders.. I'm not familiar with the phone but using an app from playstore such as PowerAmp or similar to see if they can be played..

Sent using Tapatalk