music disappearing from music app on GummyNex 1.0.0.2

OP
E
Reaction score
yea that did not fix it, OH well... so not happy, but not much I can do anymore

OP
E
Reaction score
not to be over dramatic, but so happy I could cry! wish I remembered in full detail what I just did though, However I just woke up and probably shouldn't have been doing anything on my phone, but yea I seemed to have fixed the issue

so by using SD Maid Pro, I managed to ruin my gallery albums, meaning nothing was showing up, did some research online and it suggested deleting a few folders, well I deleted those and then I deleted a few more that did some to be music related, com.something.media and 2 others all seemingly related to music, I wish I was keeping track of what I deleted so that I could tell others who may run into this same issue I did

but bottom line is I have my gallery working again, and all my music is there after each reboot... and here's the kicker! it is there INSTANTLY! before I would have to wait 20 minutes to 4 hours before all my music showed up in the default music app or winamp and well half the time it would not show up at all

I hate to speak too soon again, but wow does this really feel like it is fixed! another thing I noticed which means it is reading the media from my sd card instantly again (and well it only did this on all roms previous to this, this is the first time it is doing it on this rom =) is that for my custom ringtones and notifications, after every reboot the would disappear and switch to another system sound or go silent, but after 3 reboots just now, all my settings are preserved as far as custom ringtones and notifications

so more so then ever it really feels like the issue is fixed, I deleted about 3 folders related to music, but again I only vaguely remember 1 of them

also how would I have ever known this would have fixed the issue... I just figured what the hell at this point! =D

OH well, just wanted to update everyone, wish this post was more helpful in terms of what I did though

of course I will update again if it stops working, but this looks really, really promising! :biggrin:

OP
E
Reaction score
holy hell! frickin' spoke too soon once again... phone was not even restarted and all my music disappeared from both music apps... WOW!

leftspin

Reaction score
Glad to see you seem to have finally got it figured out! If the folder was com.something.anything it was most likely related to an app, so my guess is some app you have installed was causing this.

EDIT- spoke too soon?

Last edited:
OP
E
Reaction score
ok so the only bright side even though my music just disappeared again without the phone restarting, although I suppose that was happening before

but yea the good news is, even though a pain in the a.. is that if you reboot the phone all the music and playlists are back instantly again

I just do not understand how the music can just disappear from the apps without doing anything or restarting the phone (in this case restarting the phone brings the music back)

it is not like I have a task killer killing anything, like the android media process

it just makes no sense to me at all! not only that it is strange no-one else seems to be having this issue... unless they are and they just have not found my thread, but yea =S =/

OP
E
Reaction score
haha yes spoke to soon

but IDK, since the restart this morning after the music just frickin' disappeared by itself like without doing anything... but yea since the restart after that so far the music and playlists have not disappeared

as I said before though, I just do not get this entire situation, but yea despite not being confident anymore that the issue is actually fixed, this is certainly the best things have been going since installing this rom

almost livable with it now, love this rom so much that if it doesn't get any worse than it is now, meaning doesn't disappear that often and when it does, a restart fixes it... well then I will probably just live with this bull**** b/c I think well if you take away this issue (which only I seem to be experiencing) it is far and away the best rom for the DroidX out there! and yes I am tried practically all of them

liberty3 2.0 would be 2nd best, and well I would certainly want to look at Shuji rom 3.0 when released, but that is not going to be ICS, but that should be a great rom, especially for overall battery life

but I have tried about 8 to 10 different roms

absolutely this is the best!

I just wish I could wrap my head around this issue so I could fix it, but whatever... I seem to be the only person experiencing it, which actually drives me even more crazy, haha

OP
E
Reaction score
went for several hours today, actually I would say between 6 to 8 hours before all the music & playlists just disappeared once again

OP
E
Reaction score
ah figures as much, so now no matter what I do, the music never shows up in either music app... in other words without changing anything, the problem is worse than ever now somehow

OP
E
Reaction score
switched to Black Ice rom 35.1... problem solved! eh it is for the most part just as good of a rom if not better

again thanks to all who tried to help

OP
E
Reaction score
how many times can I speak too soon... everything was working flawlessly after I switched my rom... and as soon as I put my phone into my car dock, instantly all my music disappeared! holy **** is this ridiculous!

again my SD card seems to be in fine condition... so my belief is this is some kind of ICS problem/thing

I just do not get why others are not posting about it =S =?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Eddie i haven't heard of anyone yet with the issue your having. I really don't think it has anything to do with ics roms, I've ran every one of them without having that issue. If i were you i would start from scratch with a clean slate and sbf then wipe data after the sbf. One thing for sure is if a sbf doesnt fix it nothing will. The easiest way is to use the kds 4.5.602 iso or the 605 iso either is fine and that will also root you again. Here's a link http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/d...-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html then after you root install whatever ics rom you want. Like i said if that doesn't fix it nothing will.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
E
Reaction score
thanks Savagerun... I will try that soon... hopefully it fixes it once and for all

leftspin

Reaction score
Just a thought, you could also try formatting the SD card and see if that solves your issue

Savagerun

Reaction score
thanks Savagerun... I will try that soon... hopefully it fixes it once and for all

Hopefully it does. At least you'll know then that the issue is not software related. Whether it's an issue with your sdcard that's a different story.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
E
Reaction score
Just a thought, you could also try formatting the SD card and see if that solves your issue

I reformatted the SD card in fat32 on my PC, then removed it from my PC and formatted it on the phone, which also uses fat32... that did not solve the issue