Deleted Music but still showing up

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I use iSyncr to sync my itunes playlists to my phone so i can listen to music. I periodically update my lists and sync them using the app and it works for a period of time as well. But after a certain amount of time the updates doesnt show up or update correctly on the music player. I have found a fix to this issue and its plainly doing a system restore but i hate having to reset my entire phone for this stupid music player to correctly show the music. But enough of that, i decided to remove all the music and just replace it with a few to see if it will read the music right.

It does not read it right and the old playlists still show up and all the old music as well but it doesnt exist in the sd card anymore. It also doesnt show the new test playlist and the new music i added either. I tried reboots and clearing the data on the music app through the settings but to no avail. Is there any way for the music app to maybe rescan the folders to correctly show the updated playlists and music? i know you can do this with poweramp but the stock music player reads the playlists and thats how i play my music and thats why i paid for iSyncr. Any help is really appreciated.

Im running RubiX Blurry 1.5 and themed with black juice if thats any help but i also experienced this issue with the stock ROM as well so i doubt it.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
More reasons why I hate itunes, and the stock music player.

A reason the songs show up is cuz itunes "playlists" everything. Meaning if the songs aren't there the stock music app reads the playlist files and makes the phone think the songs are there. U can try to rescan or refresh ur music app but I doubt it will happen.

Try downloading poweramp. And see if the same problem persists. If it does let me kno.

Btw.... u don't have to use itunes to put music on ur device. Simple fix:

Open the media folder on ur sd card from the computer. Paste the songs from ur comp to this folder. Mainly said: problem solves this way. No extra folders or crap from syncing

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
samsung fascinate <rooted>

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
[Edit]

I didn't see the part from u tried poweramp.

Id say stop syncing. Just drag n drop to ur media folder on ur card

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
samsung fascinate <rooted>

OP
Lex_Luthor

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I dont know how you can rescan the folders when you use the stock music app. I deleted the file that is the playlist. But the app did not show it anymore but when i would go to albums/songs/or artists it showed those folders/songs where the music used to be. I would do what you say and just dragging the music to folders but my music is all organized in genres but i dont like all the music i have plus i have too much of it too. Plus i already have a music folder and i use the media folder for ringtones, it doesn matter what the folder is called because the phone could recognize certain file types. I also dont want to spend an extra 2+ hours trying to sort out all my music in folders again. Ive been using itunes for my music for awhile because i had an ipod before. But i think i might have found a solution, when you use isyncr you usually mount the SD card, but i decided to use pc mode to see what would show up. When i searched through the folders using this mode the songs showed up but they didnt take up space or work but they showed up. I deleted them and it reflected on the phone. So i think i might have to periodically sync the phone up with pc mode but it isnt foolproof i think because i had to delete the stuff which took forever. But i keep trying that when i update my playlists. But thanks for your suggestions and help.

campbellsoup

Reaction score
I went into the application settings and cleared its data and its cache and it fixed it.
It also said the library is done by the android stock player, so that might be why it didn't change after the system scan