Music App Issue on Razr

ORCharger

Reaction score
Hi there,

I had a problem with my phone this morning where I was trying to put songs on my SD Card from my computer and when I was trying to copy those to a playlist, they weren't adding to the playlist. When I tried to remove the playlist on my phone, it wouldn't remove. I plugged it back in to my PC and removed all of the songs of that particular folder and now I can't open the music app. I tried "reformatting" both the internal card and the SD card through the phone's interface... which removes all the songs and other data and it still won't open the music app. It just sits there and "thinks", not ever doing anything... until it locks up.

What happened to my music app? There's no reason it should have just locked up like that by just adding songs. Do I need to reset it back to factory settings and start over? How would I go about doing that?

Another question. I have tried many times in the past to take a whole folder of music from my PC (Vista 64) and put the whole folder on my SD card, but when I open the music app, it doesn't keep all the songs together in the same folder (I'll see the folder there, but not all of the songs are in it, when looking under the "Albums" tab. How can I put these songs on my phone without having them in multiple places once I get them on the phone?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve