Music, and other media management questions?

Christian3D

Reaction score
I am 98% sold on staying with Verizon and getting a droid, one main concern that I have though is that I am not sure if the Droid offers media management tools like the iPhone.

Things like video library, and photo gallery and folders, etc.
And more important music library. Obviously the iphone and iTunes (which I use) offers the user tons of ways to manage and playback music. I am very partial to two features in particular - Smartlist and random playback.

Since I have not seen any information on these things I was wondering if people here could offer feedback of what the droid (or droid apps) have to offer.

My biggest fear for playing back music is that I will have to play one album at a time or even worse 1 song at a time. This would be a deal killer for me as I really like the ability to select an artist, a genre, songs by rating, by age, etc. and then once I have chose one or more of these settings then set the player to randomly playback songs that meet this criteria.

Any such apps stock or purchasable?

Also one other non related questions,,, can the droid be used as a flash drive for transferring files between computers... is there a storage area on the phone?

DaHarder

Reaction score
No need to worry... Just free yourself of the Locked-Down iTunes/iPhone trynanny and you'll be fine.

I highly recommend:

DoubleTwist for media management for the PC

MixZing for media playback on the DROID

Happy DROIDing!

darreno1

Reaction score
There is also Motorola Media Link which you should also check out. Not sure about the smartlists, but it will let you sync playlists, videos, pictures etc.

Yes you can use the Droid for data storage like a flash drive.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
With what the Droid has out of the box, yes, you can shuffle all songs. I do so whenever I listen to music on it. For music management, I use the Motorola software or Media Monkey.

OP
C

Christian3D

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the info... doubletwist looks very promising.

Hey one other question. This is the app store for Droids right? Android Market

And if it is,,, isn't it run by Google?

And if so (or even if it is not google's) why the hell is there not a search option on the site?

~ Christian

mjs31

Reaction score
Thanks for the info... doubletwist looks very promising.

Hey one other question. This is the app store for Droids right? Android Market

And if it is,,, isn't it run by Google?

And if so (or even if it is not google's) why the hell is there not a search option on the site?

~ Christian
Yeah I thought the same thing, but is not the market. It shows a few things but you need an android device to see the actual market which has well over 10,000g apps. I believe there is another place on the web that lists many of the Apps but cannot remember where. Either way, the market on the phone is searchable.