Music Activates Sporadically

ShockinDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note II
Very frequently my music player turns on. It seems to be tied to some change of state of my Android and mostly when wearing my Bluetooth. I will get an Alert for something and the music will start with the last song I was listening to when I intentionally used the music player. Can't seem to stop this and it is very annoying. Ideas?????

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The same thing happened to me with a previous version of the Play Music app. I went into Settings > Apps and opened Play Music and uninstalled all updates. That cleared it up. Since then there have been one or two updates to Play Music and I am up to date and have not had the issue reappear. You could try updating the Play Music app to the most current version....or uninstall all updates for Play Music back to the stock version #. Might help.

OP
S

ShockinDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note II
The same thing happened to me with a previous version of the Play Music app. I went into Settings > Apps and opened Play Music and uninstalled all updates. That cleared it up. Since then there have been one or two updates to Play Music and I am up to date and have not had the issue reappear. You could try updating the Play Music app to the most current version....or uninstall all updates for Play Music back to the stock version #. Might help.
Thanks

Could not even find the Music app in my listing!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
This is because it's a "system" app and not a downloaded app. When you open up your application manager it defaults to your downloaded apps. You want to scroll to the left until it shows "all" at the very top. Then scroll down to "Music", go in and click on "clear defaults".
Of course you'll want to follow these directions if you're using Play Music or other music app where you're having this problem.
Good luck!

tap'n on my S5

OP
S

ShockinDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note II
This is because it's a "system" app and not a downloaded app. When you open up your application manager it defaults to your downloaded apps. You want to scroll to the left until it shows "all" at the very top. Then scroll down to "Music", go in and click on "clear defaults".
Of course you'll want to follow these directions if you're using Play Music or other music app where you're having this problem.
Good luck!

tap'n on my S5
Thanks
Went in as you suggested and the "Clear Defaults" was grayed out. Could not change. Also could not delete updates as that did not show up. Other thoughts?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Try clearing cache & data (within the same app), then reboot device. Since this Bluetooth related, you could also try deleting your Bluetooth device. Then go in and re-scan and re-pair your Bluetooth and see if that helps.
Hang in there, hopefully we can help you narrow it down and identify the culprit.

tap'n on my S5

OP
S

ShockinDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note II
Try clearing cache & data (within the same app), then reboot device. Since this Bluetooth related, you could also try deleting your Bluetooth device. Then go in and re-scan and re-pair your Bluetooth and see if that helps.
Hang in there, hopefully we can help you narrow it down and identify the culprit.

tap'n on my S5
Thanks
Will keep trying things.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What version of Play Music do you have? I have version 5.4.1413N and have not had the issue you described using that version. I was mistaken earlier...there is another version available on the Play Store. Since you don't have the Uninstall Updates option available, maybe there is an update available on the Play Store for the Play Music app? Have you tried to update that app to a newer version? There is no guarantee that is the issue...and CR6's advice is very good...I would follow that also. Like I mentioned earlier, I had a very similar issue earlier this year and it was only with a specific version of the Play Music app (just don't remember which version #) and updating to a newer version or uninstalling updates stopped it for me. Can't hurt to try.

Reactions: cr6
OP
S

ShockinDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note II
What version of Play Music do you have? I have version 5.4.1413N and have not had the issue you described using that version. I was mistaken earlier...there is another version available on the Play Store. Since you don't have the Uninstall Updates option available, maybe there is an update available on the Play Store for the Play Music app? Have you tried to update that app to a newer version? There is no guarantee that is the issue...and CR6's advice is very good...I would follow that also. Like I mentioned earlier, I had a very similar issue earlier this year and it was only with a specific version of the Play Music app (just don't remember which version #) and updating to a newer version or uninstalling updates stopped it for me. Can't hurt to try.
You guys keep referring to "Play Music" and mine is actually called "Music" and I have version 6.0.1. So far, everything I have tried with deleting cache, etc. does not seem to be working. Not sure if I should go to the play store and download a totally different program or what?????

OP
S

ShockinDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note II

tap'n on my S5
Deleting Bluetooth did not work. Affraid to Delete Data since it says all of my songs may be lost! For real?????

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You guys keep referring to "Play Music" and mine is actually called "Music" and I have version 6.0.1. So far, everything I have tried with deleting cache, etc. does not seem to be working. Not sure if I should go to the play store and download a totally different program or what?????
There are actually both. "Music" is used for playing downloaded files, mp3s etc. "Play Music" is associated with the music you download off the Play Store.

tap'n on my S5

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What model phone do you have?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Also, when the random music starts playing....what app is actually playing the music? That's the app that probably needs an update or roll back a version. Whichever app is playing the music....is there an update available in your Play Store app???

Reactions: cr6
P

promo87

Deleting Bluetooth did not work. Affraid to Delete Data since it says all of my songs may be lost! For real?????
Well, @ShockinDoc Try going to the Settings>Bluetooth> Paired devices> You will see settings icon just side to the bluetooth headset you are experiencing problem with. Click over that settings icon> Check only the call audio and remove check from all other services. Now the music will not start playing over .... See if that works for you or not ?? :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well, @ShockinDoc Try going to the Settings>Bluetooth> Paired devices> You will see settings icon just side to the bluetooth headset you are experiencing problem with. Click over that settings icon> Check only the call audio and remove check from all other services. Now the music will not start playing over .... See if that works for you or not ?? :)
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this advice will only stop all sounds / music from playing through the Blue Tooth device? When I had the same issue as the OP, the random music would play through the phone speaker even though I was connected to Blue Tooth and the music "should" have played through Blue Tooth. That was the issue I experienced & I am assuming it's the same for the OP, based on the original post. Unless we didn't fully understand the original issue?