Murmurs of a Bionic pre-order happening on Thursday

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
THis phone is going to sell out fairly quickly. If you don't preorder don't expect being able to get one for atleast a month

The public doesn't even know the Bionic's coming out, somehow I doubt pre-orders will take up their entire supply.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm kind of hoping it does sell out (at least in my area, I don't want to wish that on those of you who want to buy week 1) for a month-ish so I'm forced to wait and see what info (if any) drops about the mythical Prime and/or DHD. My D1 is working (but limping) so a solid-out Bionic would prevent an impulse buy when I go in to check it out at the VZW store.

On another note... I had to go into an AT&T store the other day to pick something up for my dad and stopped to look at their display phones... which are empty shells with a crappy screen shot in place of the actual screen. I haven't been in a VZW store in a couple of years... they aren't doing this with any of their phones/stores, are they??? Is this just a sign of the times that people could care less how a phone actually operates and just say "I want that" based on a stupid picture on a plastic toy?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Verizon still has the real thing, working, activated and capable of making test calls too.

Best Buy does the same thing though, with all the phone from all the carriers. Just fake ones for display.

donzz

Reaction score
It"s weird that if September 8th is the launch day that I haven't seen one commercial for the Bionic yet. You would think there would be an all out media blitz on that phone by now, at least two weeks before launch. Very Odd!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It"s weird that if September 8th is the launch day that I haven't seen one commercial for the Bionic yet. You would think there would be an all out media blitz on that phone by now, at least two weeks before launch. Very Odd!

Part of me agrees, but then another part of me thinks that it makes more sense to wait and start the blitz on the day of launch strictly so that the commercial can say go to your local VZW store and pick this phone up NOW! A lot of people have no idea about the phone and really could care less about it right up until they are ready to walk through the front door for it.

mike02vr6

Reaction score
Only thing about costco deal is I would have to buy a $50 membership. Nearest costco is 40 miles away so I would likely not use the benifits of the membership. But if it pans out and saves a few bucks to get the accesories then I might consider it. But I'm a man of convience and the gas to drive down their I don't know. I probably just preorder it or maybe see what best buy has to offer. At least with best buy it seems I would have more time to evaulate the product.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If you do that then go back to Costco and tell them you don't want to be a member they will refund you money for you. At least the one in Connecticut does that.
I think Costco again gives you 90 days for returns too
Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

Last edited:

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I wish I could do the Costco deal.. but I'm getting an upgrade exception since I'm stuck in CLNR hell with DX's so I'm hoping the rep that is helping me can push a pre-order through as soon as it goes live.

So they screwed you over with your warranty and you are hoping they will let you buy another phone. This is literally the definition if insanity. I for one will be buying an iPhone, apple stands by their warranty and actually FIXED the refurbs they give out.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

donzz

Reaction score
Not to mention VZW said that that Twitter account saying Sept. 8th was the official launch was not theirs. I'm going to speculate that the September launch date of the 8th
is incorrect.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well just because they said the twitter account was fake doesn't mean the release date is. Maybe they just want to let everyone know when they're ready. Remember they never denied September 8, they just said the twitter account was fake and that they didn't announce a September 8 release.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish I had a pessimism filter that would block out phrases like "Yeah, September, but what year", "Must have major problems because of all the delays", "Watch it be September 31st, because that's still September", "It's outdated as soon as it's released", and "They didn't confirm it true, so it has to be false!"... but I guess if I filter out those kinds of posts... I wouldn't be left with much to read

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I wish I had a pessimism filter that would block out phrases like "Yeah, September, but what year", "Must have major problems because of all the delays", "Watch it be September 31st, because that's still September", "It's outdated as soon as it's released", and "They didn't confirm it true, so it has to be false!"... but I guess if I filter out those kinds of posts... I wouldn't be left with much to read

Admit it... like moths to the flame, we're all drawn to the Bionic forum to read ANY new posts... only to be burned and wonder why we did it...

But we'll come back. We always do. :)

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
THis phone is going to sell out fairly quickly. If you don't preorder don't expect being able to get one for atleast a month

I am not worried!! I will get it when I get it!!! And if Prime does come to Verizon and it comes out in October. I have a chance to look at it.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
So they screwed you over with your warranty and you are hoping they will let you buy another phone. This is literally the definition if insanity. I for one will be buying an iPhone, apple stands by their warranty and actually FIXED the refurbs they give out.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I wouldnt buy an iPhone with your money. I simply dont like the product.
I do like Androids and in the Android world Motorola is the best game in town IMO.
I'm not fond of VZW's policy, but at least I have the flexability to upgrade if *I* choose... they'd be happy to send me a CLNR DX2 but I'd rather use the exception and buy a dual core LTE phone.