6GB Galaxy Note 7 Pre-Orders Start August 26

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Many of you are starting to receive your Galaxy Note 7 devices from your carrier of choice. The official release for the device is tomorrow. Unfortunately there is already a bigger badder variant of the device. Samsung has added 2GB of Ram to the Chinese variant of the phone. They had already given an explanation of why the Chinese variant has 6GB of Ram earlier in the week. They had yet to announce an official release date.

Samsung announced today that the Chinese 6GB Ram 128GB storage variant will be available for Pre-Order August 26. They still have not confirmed pricing or availability on this device. They did however mention that those who pre-order the device will receive a free Samsung Gear VR.

via PlayfulDroid

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Samsung Mobile Chief DJ Koh publicly confirmed that the company was indeed preparing to launch of this variant in China only.

Now here's the catch...This particular model will also be different from the model being sold in China and international markets as it will run on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 SoC instead of the Exynos 8890.

My guess... we just may see this variant in the US.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Samsung Mobile Chief DJ Koh publicly confirmed that the company was indeed preparing to launch of this variant in China only.

Now here's the catch...This particular model will also be different from the model being sold in China and international markets as it will run on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 SoC instead of the Exynos 8890.

My guess... we just may see this variant in the US.
I'm trying to decide whether to update to the n7 that was just released, see if this will be released, wait for the n8.... or just keep my moto x pure for a few more years.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
There is need and there is want. I never need a new phone... I just want the latest and greatest... Keep in mind the N7 has some cool new features.. Tough decision for you...

whippleman

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide whether to update to the n7 that was just released, see if this will be released, wait for the n8.... or just keep my moto x pure for a few more years.

I just got my Note 7 yesterday. I can't describe how much better/amazing this phone feels to hold. They rounded the edges just perfectly. I just came from the S7 edge and the Note 7 by far feels 10x better. You should definitely go hold one if you have a store by you.

Also as a side note, the Iris scanner works pretty dang good for me. I didn't think it would be that good.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just got my Note 7 yesterday. I can't describe how much better/amazing this phone feels to hold. They rounded the edges just perfectly. I just came from the S7 edge and the Note 7 by far feels 10x better. You should definitely go hold one if you have a store by you.

Also as a side note, the Iris scanner works pretty dang good for me. I didn't think it would be that good.
I held it in my hand at t-mobile and it feels great... just not sure if it's what I want.

I wear glasses and contacts hopefully the iris scanner works as well for me.

whippleman

Reaction score
I held it in my hand at t-mobile and it feels great... just not sure if it's what I want.

I wear glasses and contacts hopefully the iris scanner works as well for me.

So far it works the same with my glasses on unless I'm under a light. When I can see the glare on my glasses on the phone it doesn't work.