Bionic Getting Pre-razr Price Drop

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
bionicprice.jpg

The Droid Razr is going on pre-order tomorrow, and as such, it seems Verizon is reducing the price for its older brother. The Bionic, according to the MAP sheet above, will be getting a $50 price drop from $299.99 to $249.99. This price drop is most likely not going to mean too much to you guys seeing as the last poll we did had many of you ready for the Galaxy Nexus but, at least now, the Bionic is a cheaper alternative.

Via: Droid-life

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Exactly what I thought would happen.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
My question is why no one is talking about the HTC Rezound? Sucker's supposed to have a 1.5GHz dual-core processor and a 720p screen. And if I am not mistaken, it has one of the Adreno 220 GPUs and seems to outperform everything else out there. Here's a link to an article about the chipset.

AnandTech - Dual Core Snapdragon GPU Performance Explored - 1.5 GHz MSM8660 and Adreno 220 Benchmarks

because people like cool names and hype

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

cjsmoove

Reaction score
It doesn't sound nearly as nice as Droid Bionic.....hell outrageous the whole 4G lineup that could be the worst name..lol. I'm sure it will be a great phone though.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because it's htc and because the pictures of it look like crap.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
My question is why no one is talking about the HTC Rezound? Sucker's supposed to have a 1.5GHz dual-core processor and a 720p screen. And if I am not mistaken, it has one of the Adreno 220 GPUs and seems to outperform everything else out there. Here's a link to an article about the chipset.

AnandTech - Dual Core Snapdragon GPU Performance Explored - 1.5 GHz MSM8660 and Adreno 220 Benchmarks

Is it really that powerful?

If I'm not mistaken it's the same cpu that's in the T-Mobile GS2 and HTC sensation.

From my understanding Exynos @ 1.2GHz is better and the Mali 400 GPU is more powerful.

R

RETG

I think what he is saying is that the HTC is more powerful than the Razr with a OMAP 4430 overclocked to 1.2 or the Nexus with the 4460 underclocked to 1.2. Who is running the Exynos?

At least the specs for the HTC show a removable battery and a removable memory card.:biggrin: But the screen does not look as good.:icon_eek:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually the RAZR has an OMAP 4460 at 1.2GHz just like the GN. Technically it's not even underclocked because 1.5GHz is the highest TI would clock the cpu. Doesn't mean it won't run higher either.

Vito.a

Reaction score
My question is why no one is talking about the HTC Rezound? Sucker's supposed to have a 1.5GHz dual-core processor and a 720p screen. And if I am not mistaken, it has one of the Adreno 220 GPUs and seems to outperform everything else out there. Here's a link to an article about the chipset.QUOTE]

I agree the new HTC phone looks good on paper, but for many of us the Thunderbolt was so problematic that I now avoid HTC phones.

roboots21

Reaction score
Wow that is weird. I have 20% off my bill and 25% off accessories but I have never seen my discount apply to a phone itself before. I dunno what the deal is.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow that is weird. I have 20% off my bill and 25% off accessories but I have never seen my discount apply to a phone itself before. I dunno what the deal is.
Hey, well now you know next time you upgrade! And if you're rocking the D2 now, maybe you'll want the D4 which may be coming in a couple months...

roboots21

Reaction score
I noticed a week or two ago I was granted an early upgrade .. now just the decision between the Razr and the Nexus .... Leaning toward the Nexus right now.