Multiple Outlook Email Folders

limacharlie145

Reaction score
I just got and Eris and I love it except for one thing, the way Outlook email is handled. I have a large number of folders, sub-folders and rules that help me keep my email sorted. My WM 6.1 phone did this just fine. On my Eris, in order to see if I have a new message in a sub-folder, I have to scroll down to the folder and refresh it. I have to this for every folder. It is very annoying, and I am considering returning it for a WM phone.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can make this work more smoothly and efficiently?

LC

ewk

Reaction score
I have EXACTLY the same issue. Moving from WM 6.1 (I WON'T be going back) where I could indicate with a checklist the folders I wanted synced. Very Nice. Now on Droid and while updates are fast and I love the notification bar, I need to automate syncing of folders other than Inbox. (my boss is in a filtered sub folder!)

Sorry for the 'me too' LC but hopefully we can attract some attention with more than one post.

ewk

TheCleaner

Reaction score
According to this report, perhaps this will be "fixed" in the Dec. 11th update:

[FONT=&quot]Both the Droid by Motorola and Droid Eris by HTC are expected to get over-the-air (OTA) updates on December 11. Leaked Verizon documents indicate additional features and fixes to bugs and glitches. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Droid Update Should:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Add nesting folders in MS Exchange.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Add a new notification icon while sending email.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Fix a lock when large invite lists are edited.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Allow users to be able to update calendar requests via email.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Expected Giltch Fixes of Droid OS Update[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]GMail glitch which only shows picture attached when synced.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Delayed notification of a new Visual Voice Mail.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Wrong date and/or time stamps when sending videos over Bluetooth.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Glitch in camera auto focus.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The counter for the number of characters in a message.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Delays of incoming calls or messages after activation.[/FONT]