Multiple emails from yahoo accounts

evil_O

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repost. I searched and I was not able to find a solution to the problem... although I WAS able to find others with similar issues.

Both the wife and I have yahoo mail accounts set up on the Droid. Both of us have it set to pull every hour. Works fine. Emails come in, etc. The issue is we DELETE the emails (from the Droid) and then the next pull from the yahoo server brings down the SAME emails. I checked (after deleting emails on the Droid) my online yahoo account and the emails that were deleted were actually moved into the trash.

So.... how in the heck are we BOTH getting "repeat/the same" emails in our inbox? Is there a setting that I have missed to remove the emails from the yahoo server and not JUST the Droid?

On top of that we have had a couple of emails dated "1969." WTF? - I have seen this issue in other threads but I did not see the resolve for this problem.

Any ideas or answers would be greatly appreciated.

OP
evil_O

evil_O

Reaction score
Nobody else is having this issue?

Steeeler

Reaction score
Nobody else is having this issue?

Nope, having the same problem with my MSN email. Same ones keep coming back over and over and over.

I, like you, have searched for a solution with no success.:mad:

OP
evil_O

evil_O

Reaction score
I love getting emails dated 1969 as well. That just ensures some of the most recent emails are at the bottom.

Slothead

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me in the least to discover that it is Google's way of nudging you to get a gmail account and only use it.

OP
evil_O

evil_O

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me in the least to discover that it is Google's way of nudging you to get a gmail account and only use it.

Too be honest, I am fine with that. I have two yahoo accounts. One is for junk mail and the other... well I have to transition out of that. During the transition though, it sure would be nice to have reasonable functionality. The iPhone did ;-)

gonzilla

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem in that if I send an email from my yahoo account on my droid, i end up with hundreds (I'm not kidding) of copies of it in my sent folder. If I delete them out of my sent folder the next day they are back. I am sick of doing this over and over again. Does anyone know of a fix for this? If not, does anyone know how to delete the email account off of the droid handset?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

kastj

Reaction score
I am having this exact same issue, I am just planning on transitioning all of my emails to my gmail account to make my life simpler.

OP
evil_O

evil_O

Reaction score
I am having this exact same issue, I am just planning on transitioning all of my emails to my gmail account to make my life simpler.

It is really sad if this is our solution to this problem.