Yahoo Business Mail Problems

OrbitzXT

Reaction score
My boss has a Droid X, I have the original Droid and we've been trying to set up our Yahoo Business Mail accounts on our phones but keep running into various problems. The business accounts don't work with the Yahoo Mail app. I used the original email app that comes with the phone, input the POP3 and SMTP data and can no receive and send email. The problem is we create a lot of user made folders and these aren't appearing in the email app. From what I read, this is a fault on Yahoo's part because you need IMAP which they don't use, only POP. Might any people out there smarter than me be able to offer a solution that lets us view and send email from this Yahoo Business account, along with viewing the emails filed away in user created folders?

DroidMermaid

Reaction score
Did you ever solve this?

I have my regular, personal Yahoo email setup through the Yahoo Mail app, but am trying to set up the POP/SMTP email through the Email app of adding a new account. When I use the POP email instructions for the incoming and outgoing (that would normally work on Outlook, for example) it does not work on my Droid.

Are there different port numbers or something to use for Yahoo Small Business Email?

Please help!
Thanks!

midnightsunak

Reaction score
Ok, so for anyone else out there who has been as frustrated as I have... here are the secret settings to get Yahoo Small Business mail to work on your droid. I have a Droid X2 (milestone) but I assume it will work for other Droid X models:

1. Go to accounts
2. Click "add account" (or new account or whatever)
3. Choose "email"
4. Enter your business mail address (i.e. [email protected])
5. Enter your password
6. UNCHECK the "automatically configure account" box
7. Enter your general email info8. On the "incoming server" page enter the following settings
Server: pop.bizmail.yahoo.com
Username: your FULL small business email address
Password: your password
9. Click on "advanced settings" (still on the incoming server page) and use the following settings:
Port: 110
Use secure connection: Unchecked box
Use secure password (TLS): Never
Authentication: Authenticated POP
Verify Certificate: Unchecked box
10: Outgoing server settings... the ONLY way I could get outbound emails to send was to use the settings for my NORMAL yahoo account. Small Business email requires you to have a normal yahoo user name and email address. Soooo.... all you have to do is use THAT email server to send with. Here are the settings:
SMTP Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Username: [email protected] (this is NOT your small business email ID... use your regular yahoo email address) I verified it will still send the emails as if you had sent them from your small business account and the reply address shows your business email address... trust me!
Password: your regular yahoo email account password
11. Click on the Advanced Settings button (still on the outgoing server page) and use the following settings:
Port: 465
Use secure connection: CHECK the box
Use secure password (TLS): Always
Authentication: Auto
Verify Certificate: Unchecked box

Ta daaaaaah! After weeks of fighting this, it worked for me. As a side note, initially it told me my incoming mail wasn't working. But I was annoyed and left these settings on there figuring I'd fight with it again the next day and I went to sleep. By the next morning ALL of my business emails had downloaded and it has worked ever since. So, I ain't gonna try to fix it!

Good luck, I hope this helps some other frustrated folks out there! :icon_ lala: