Multiple Amazon accounts, one Echo...

rustywriter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android
Twitter
rustywriter
Hi,

My mother has an echo and her own Amazon Account and she is moving in with us. We have Echo devices around our house and our account associated with these. We want all Echo devices to work with all of us and I see something about adding a family member and switching between the accounts. Is this what we need to do? Will mom still have her own shopping list and we have ours? Will we be able to share audio and Kindle books? Will placing a code on purchasing keep this separated? Is anything lost? Does anything become 'shared'? Will we still have our own separate accounts and be able to switch between them?

Thank you so much for any help.

Confused,
Rusty

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
We have several forum members that own Echo, and like to bust my chops for buying a Home instead of an Echo. So hopefully one of them will be able to help answer your questions.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have Echo Dots in different rooms plus a Fire TV stick and they show on the Alexa app as different units, Echo 1, Echo 2, Firestick etc., But they are all on one Prime Account.
I'd have her keep her Echo in her room with the other account, making Oops somewhat impossible, then again, you can always consolidate at the end of the month and split charges and drop one account, don't see why you want to pay for two.

Sent by my new S7-Edge