multimedia dock stopped working? now what?

jedidroid

Reaction score
My multimedia dock stopped working correctly last night. It still charges the phone but refuses to go into clock multimedia mode. It just turns to landscape and stays lit. I've unplugged it, restarted phone etc, nothing works to get the dockrunner view back...

Any ideas..

Stigy

Reaction score
Can you please clarify what is not working?

Do you OWN the multimedia dock or are you just putting it INTO dock mode using DockRunner?

If you OWN the dock, does the phone go into "dock" mode using DockRunner or it doesn't do that either? If not I say its a problem with your phone. If it does go into dock mode with DockRunner bring back the dock to the Verizon store and get a good one.

But before I can definitively answer your question I need to some more details about your situation.

Thanks.

OP
J

jedidroid

Reaction score
Can you please clarify what is not working?

Do you OWN the multimedia dock or are you just putting it INTO dock mode using DockRunner?

If you OWN the dock, does the phone go into "dock" mode using DockRunner or it doesn't do that either? If not I say its a problem with your phone. If it does go into dock mode with DockRunner bring back the dock to the Verizon store and get a good one.

But before I can definitively answer your question I need to some more details about your situation.

Thanks.

Thanks,
I own the dock and it stopped going into dock mode. It just sets in the dock and goes into landscape mode and that's it. it does run the correct software.
I will download dock runner and see if it loads up.

It was working all week and then just stopped.

Spartan

Reaction score
Make sure you don't have something else running that is affecting the docking mode. I use the bedside application but have to kill it each morning to make my security settings work correctly.

OP
J

jedidroid

Reaction score
well, I downloaded dock runner and that doesn't seem to work either. Doesn't do anything when I try to load it up.

Weird....

Ok, now tried just about everything and I think I figured it out. Seems that having Wifi on might have done it.

Now it's working. But I swear I had Wifi on earlier in the week and the dock would work correctly.....strange.

Keep you guys posted if I notice anything else...

Last edited:

onejake

Reaction score
That's a very weird problem. BTW... unplug the multimedia station and seat the phone in the dock. (the droid will go into multimedia/clock mode without the dock being plugged in)