Multimedia dock Station screen dimming

RoccoP

Reaction score
For the 1st week that I owned the Droid X when I would put the Droid X in the Multimedia Docking station (While plugged into the AC) it would display the time and weather while it was charging. This week when I put it in the dock it dimmed the screen almost to black after 1 second. If I hold the home button it will light up the applications. But docked I can barely see the time and weather.

Does anyone know if there is a setting that controls the screen behavior when it is docked with the Multimedia docking station. Outside of this everying else works fine.

I called Verizon and they were not sure what to make of this and suggested I try another docking station. I know the magnet bar triggers this behavior but I am looking for something to override it.

--Rocco--

OP
R

RoccoP

Reaction score
Interesting. So obviously there is something in the system that allows you to change display based on Docking status. I just need someone who knows how to access this function.

I am new to Droid so I hope someone out there will have the knowledge on how to do this outside of having to buy some additional software.

--Rocco--

simtechray

Reaction score
There's a button on the right side of screen while docked that dims the screen, it remembers this setting. Did you hit that by accident?

OP
R

RoccoP

Reaction score
It looks like that is what I did. Thank you so much! With the screen dimmed I could not see the button!

--Rocco--

CStubing

Reaction score
What a retarded button... 2 years of using my Droid X and multimedia dock, and this finally happened to me. I'd say it's not an intuitive enough feature... They need to give us a little feedback that the screen has been dimmed by some button.