Multimedia Dock doesn't stay unlocked

Hazencruz

Reaction score
After upgrading OTA to 2.3.3 on my unrooted Droid X, I have no issues with anything except the multimedia dock screen (motorola dock).

1. When docked, the device will not return to the dock screen when I press "home". I must pull the status bar down and press the "multimedia station connection" notification to go to it.

2. When I finally get to the dock, it always asks me if I want to use "Gentle Alarm" or "Motorola Dock". I keep telling it to remember my choice to use "Motorola Dock" but it will not remember that setting no matter what I do. (I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling gentle alarm, and force stopping and clearing data for both applications.

3. When on the multimedia dock screen the phone locks after being idle for 10 minutes as if it were on the normal home screen. Before the update, I could leave my phone on the multimedia dock screen for hours and it would never lock or prompt me for my PIN.

If I can't get this resolved I will most definitely be either downgrading to froyo again, or just rooting my phone and finding a dock application that makes a little more sense than the stock one.

Please help if you can, or at least sound off if you've had this issue.

(I apologize in advance if this has been brought up, but I could find help for it nowhere.)