Multimedia Dock + Froyo, screen won't stay lit like it did with 2.1

myotheremail

Reaction score
The multimedia dock going in to "screen saver" mode is a huge pet peeve of mine too. Sure, I can tap it to wake it up but that is a total PITA. I also tried using the Alarm Clock V2 app but that messed with my car dock mode and kept overriding that and put my phone into multimedia dock view when placed into the Motorola car dock. I really hope that someone comes up with something to fix this.

garyiden

Reaction score
I agree with everyone here, but my issue is when the phone is docked in a CAR Dock/Cradle. I've set everything I can think of to have the screen never DIM or turn off. The biggest issue is when using Slacker Radio (yes, I've changed the setting in Slacker to "Never turn off when plugged in"). The screen dims which is annoying. Any thoughts board members?

Yams

Reaction score
I think theres a good app idea here. Someone should make a replacement dock app that is more customizable. Or maybe a skinnable dock. Id pay for that.

r314bd

Reaction score
Count me in as pissed about this new version of the multimedia dock.

Same here!

I agree with everyone here, but my issue is when the phone is docked in a CAR Dock/Cradle.

I think theres a good app idea here. Someone should make a replacement dock app that is more customizable. Or maybe a skinnable dock. Id pay for that.

Download Locale + Locale Dock Condition (by Jamie Countryman). $9.99 in the market (or free if you're a pirate which I in no way condone or endorse.) I set the Dock condition as screen timeout = never and the Default condition as screen timeout = 1 minute. Works perfectly

Last edited:

re747

Reaction score
Count me in as pissed about this new version of the multimedia dock.

Same here!

I agree with everyone here, but my issue is when the phone is docked in a CAR Dock/Cradle.

Download Locale + Locale Dock Condition (by Jamie Countryman). $9.99 in the market (or free if you're a pirate which I in no way condone or endorse.) I set the Dock condition as screen timeout = never and the Default condition as screen timeout = 1 minute. Works perfectly

In 99% of cases I have absolutely no problem paying for an app. But in this particular situation, I am really not willing to pay $10 for an app just to make a dock (that I already dropped a chunk of my paycheck on) do what it is intended to do. The app may be worth it for someone else, but for me it's not worth that much to get the one feature I would use it for.

In all of Verizon and Motorola's pretty pictures of docked droids online it's of the regular dock screen, not the stupid green clock screensaver. I just got the dock last week and I'm really disappointed. The cover for my droid broke and I couldn't find a new one I liked very much so I decided to use the money to buy a dock instead. I was so excited, but this mandatory screensaver really sucks. I can't believe that there is absolutely no customization with it.

Low Saturn

Reaction score
I waited for the update to the FRG22D update to see if it changed anything. It didnt. So I voiced my frustration to Verizon via e-mail Thursday evening and an account rep called me Friday afternoon and got on a three-way with a tech. Found out that there was nothing that could be done from their end. No setting changes and no change to the app coming that they knew of. So she thanked me for being a valued long time customer and credited my account for the price of the dock. Which really suprised me.