multi tasking

zudien

Reaction score
so i can surf the net and talk on the phone

As long as your phone is on a CDMA network (Verizon, Sprint). You will not be able too. This is not the phones fault this is the network problem.

A GSM Network (ATT, T-Mobile) will allow you to do this.

A rooted phone on a CDMA network is still a phone on a CDMA network.

Also multi tasking is not defined as talking on the phone and surfing the web (using 2 networks).

I don't now if it's been tested but it would be possible to use WiFi and talk on the phone at the same time.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
so i can surf the net and talk on the phone

I don't now if it's been tested but it would be possible to use WiFi and talk on the phone at the same time.

It has been tested, and it does work -- you can talk on the phone and browse the web if you're using a WiFi connection to do your web-browsing. There are videos of it on YouTube.

(edit: No rooting required to do it, either.)

Guurzak

Reaction score
You can also talk+surf if you're using SIPdroid or another VOIP client.

And if you want to talk+surf on AT&T, you have to find a place with 3G coverage, AND manage to not get your call dropped.... good luck with that!

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I live just outside NYC and work in Manhattan. I've known for a long time that you can't surf and talk on the Verizon network. The funny thing is, I know many friends and coworkers with iPhones and maybe 3 have said that it's a function they use often.

BradDroid

Reaction score
I live just outside NYC and work in Manhattan. I've known for a long time that you can't surf and talk on the Verizon network. The funny thing is, I know many friends and coworkers with iPhones and maybe 3 have said that it's a function they use often.

I've never needed to do it and I'm still on AT&T.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I know over 100 with the iPhone and can Honestly say I've never seen any of them do it either.

mattygabe

Reaction score

I know over 100 with the iPhone and can Honestly say I've never seen any of them do it either.
WHAT?! You're saying a company used marketing to turn a little-known or little-used feature into a point of contention?!

And I thought it was just the beer companies making up new "technologies"... Sheesh.:)