Is there a Multi Tasking App ?

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Hey guys basically i went from having an iPhone for about 2.5 years and went from an iPhone to a Palm Pre on Sprint network for the purpose of being able to Multi Task on the Pre with the CARD VIEW Web OS.

Now I have upgraded since X-MAS time to the Motorola Droid and I'm loving it and am extremely happy with the phone. The reason i switched to the Motorola Droid was because I read reviews about the phone about it being really quick and well optimized OS and also allowing me to multi task and being opened source.

Now I know it supports multi task and I'm happy of the way it performs, but I miss the way the Palm Pre worked with the Card Views me being able to see all my opened APPS. I know the Pre is a whole different OS and I understand if there is no way. I also notice that if you long press the Home key on the Droid you get a list of your last 6 apps used.

My question is is there any App out there that acts as a multi task of some sort that shows all my running apps and making it more easily for me to switch and multi task between them ? I tried to search the Market, but to date I have not found anything.

Thank you in advance.

-Mo

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Android is the multitasking itself... simply long press the "home" button and a menu will pop up with the last 6 apps used ready to switch between...

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Android is the multitasking itself... simply long press the "home" button and a menu will pop up with the last 6 apps used ready to switch between...

Hi Icculusx I don't know if you read my entire post, but i mentioned that I notice you can Long press the HOME key on the Droid and it gives you a list of the last 6 or most recent apps used, but is there an APP that allows me to multi task and show all my apps instead of just 6?

Thanks for the feed back though.

-Mo

Darkseider

Reaction score
That's it. Long press the Home button to switch between the last 6 opened. Also just because it is NOT in the last 6 does not mean it is not running just not listed. If you access the app. through it's icon it is still doing what you set it out to do.

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
That's it. Long press the Home button to switch between the last 6 opened. Also just because it is NOT in the last 6 does not mean it is not running just not listed. If you access the app. through it's icon it is still doing what you set it out to do.

Dark yeah I notice that the App continues to run so I know it is doing the multi tasking job and was just trying to locate some sort of GUI app that would allow me to swtich between apps instead of me having to hit the launcher, which is not a big deal was more of a preference :)

Thanks for your feed back guys.

-Mo

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
oops, see that. Well thats about it...

Bob_Stan

Reaction score
Advanced Task Manager shows the status of all your tasks and you can use it to switch to them as well as kill them. Works good.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, dxtop makes you have two app drawers. The left one is your normal app drawer. Your right one shows the last run apps as well as currently running ones and running services. You can quickly pop to them by hitting the icon. I use it and really like dxtop. However, the way the screens are laid out are what often turn people off. You can have 4 or 5 screens, but they're in a diamond shape. And, the way swiping works is that whenever you swipe down, you always get the top screen. Swipe left, you get the right screen. No matter what screen you were on (with one exception if you're using 5 screens).

I like the layout because I can basically get to any screen with one swipe of my finger, but it does take a bit of getting used to for some people.

V

volando

Another vote for 'advanced task manager'. I use this exclusively (the home button thing isn't for me, never liked that design) and treat it exactly like Windows Task Manager if you're a windows person. Just click on an app that's running and select 'switch to'. Some other task managers let you map presses or long-presses to certain actions, so if you like to switch between apps a lot you can set the default action to 'switch to'... play around with it :)