MS Exchange Server

GaryK

Reaction score
I have been able to get one email account up and running with MS Exchange Server (my personal email).

Question: is it possible to add another MS Exchange Server to the email system (my work account)? When I try to add it seems to only offer POP, etc.

I see that Touchdown is a MS Exchange app but it is silent as to whether it supports multiple exchange accounts. Does anyone know if it supports multiple exchange email accounts.

Thank you for your help.
Gary​

Catrinisin

Reaction score
There are no email apps that allow more than one Exchange account. This is due to all of the items Exchange syncs: contacts, tasks, emails, calendar. You can't sync from two mailboxes at once. This holds true with any smartphone that supports Exchange, even Windows phones.

harrellj

Reaction score
It also holds true for Outlook itself.. probably the one application most likely to have that sort of support.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Catrinisin

Reaction score
Actually Outlook 2010 allows you to install multiple Exchange mailboxes in one profile now. It works well so far for me, worth the upgrade just for that.

jimronline

Reaction score
Droid can support multiple exchange accounts

I've been able to set up two Exchange accounts successfully, so it can be done. But I'm not sure how to switch between them without changing the default account, which is a pain and should be avoidable. However, I'm a newb -- just got the phone yesterday-- so maybe I'm overlooking how to toggle through accounts--I hope. Advice welcome.

Catrinisin

Reaction score
I've been able to set up two Exchange accounts successfully, so it can be done. But I'm not sure how to switch between them without changing the default account, which is a pain and should be avoidable. However, I'm a newb -- just got the phone yesterday-- so maybe I'm overlooking how to toggle through accounts--I hope. Advice welcome.

Can you provide details on how to setup two Exchange accounts?

jimronline

Reaction score
There wasn't any particular trick to it--go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Corporate Sync. Do this for each Exchange server you want to connect to.

I found the answer to toggling between accounts--use the Messaging app rather than the default Email app. Messaging shows you all the email accounts and you can choose the one you want, then go back and choose another. I dragged Messaging to my home screen.

Hope this helps!

grinnin

Reaction score
When I go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account I don't have a Corporate Sync option.

dr3wv4n3

Reaction score
Is this some corporate exchange thing that VZW will end up charging me $20 a month for, or is it something free built into my D1??

sbrockel

Reaction score
Go to go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account >corporate sync will show on the next screen (on my Droid 2 anyway)
Is there a way to get the exchange server settings other than thru IT dept. I work in a school system and they don't support "phones",,,can I get that info anywhere on the owa server?

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Go to go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account >corporate sync will show on the next screen (on my Droid 2 anyway)
Is there a way to get the exchange server settings other than thru IT dept. I work in a school system and they don't support "phones",,,can I get that info anywhere on the owa server?

If you either open Outlook or Mail (in the Control Panel), and change/edit an Exchange account, you should be able to see the IMAP and SMTP server names, what port they use, if there's SSL, etc.

sbrockel

Reaction score
Thanks, tried that, but for server it just says microsoft exchange and the phone does not accept that.

droidedin

Reaction score
You should be able to have one account setup in touchdown and the second set up as a corporate account with the stock email app.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

droidedin

Reaction score
I just noticed that touchdown can support multiple profiles. Each profile can have a different exchange account.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App