MP3's will not display in library

shanefromsd

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here so forgive me if this isnt in the right location.

I use the default mp3 player that came with my droid devour and also downloaded tunewiki. Tunewiki seems to display my mp3's in a better format so I was using it regulary until last night when I tried to transfer about ten new songs. I put them on the sd card by taking the card out of the phone and placing it in my laptop and when I put the sd card back in, most of the songs will no longer display on the tunewiki or the default mp3 players playlist.

What is weird is that it will list all the artists from A-M but nothing after that. There is about 975 mp3's on my card but only a few hundred will display. They are all in mp3 format and were downloaded from file sharing sites like limewire.

I have uninstalled tunewiki and re-installed. I have deleted every file off of the sd card and re installed them and have removed the battery but nothing seems to work.

If I go to Quick Office it shows all of the files in perfect alphabetical order and I can play them all from there but if I go to the mp3 app I cannot see most of the songs and searching in the app for the songs returns no results.

Any ideas?

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Why remove the sd card to transfer files?

1. Connect you DROID by USB cable to your computer.
2. You must mount the DROID.
To mount the USB drive in Windows, pull down the notification menu (drag your finger down across the top on the screen), choose “USB Storage”, and then choose “Mount”. This allows you to place the SD card in your phone as a drive in your computer. This will makie it easy to transfer files from your PC to your Motorola Droid and vice versa.
3. Just drag your files back and forth just like you normally would with a windows device.
4. To keep thing organized just add new folders to your SD card. Folders named Music, Videos will make it easy for you to find them and your DROID will auto recognize your music and video file when you turn on your phone.

Or try wimanp?
It'll sync your playlists or all songs in your lirabry et cetera.

Sileem

Reaction score
Leave it open for a few minutes. I just uploaded a few hundred songs to my droid, it took 10 minutes for any song to even appear

OP
S

shanefromsd

Reaction score
USB storage and "Mounting"

When I drag the notification bar down my only options are USB Connection or Moto Phone Portal. When I click on USB Connection my options are Motorola PC Tools, Windows Media Sync, Manage Memory Card and Modem Mode. I do not have any option titled USB Storage or Mount.

I think there must be something wrong with the phone since the Moto Phone Portal does not display my messages/sms/songs etc... either.

And I have never been able to use the Windows Media Sync option. When I select it from the notifications dropdown on the Droid I get an error on my laptop that says "To automatically launch Moto Phone Portal, your phone must be in PC Mode, PC Tools, or Portal and Tools USB Mode." And as I stated previously, none of those are options on my Droid Devour under the USB Connection option on the notification bar.

Good thing Verizon is getting the iPhone. I might be making a change. Motorola and this Devour is really starting to bother me. I can't waste this much time trying to get a phone to function as it is supposed to.