MP3 music error.........

Reaction score
I am having a dilly of a time...I managed to download only a small portion of my MP3 files onto the scan disk (even though I had selected all my MP3 files to copy over. But that's not my concern right now.

I click on the MUSIC SPEAKER AND ALSO THE MP3 DOWNLOAD: I see the songs, but I get a display error: Sorry the player does not support this type of audio.....?

REMilk

Reaction score
Are you sure they are MP3 and not WMA? I mistakenly put some WMa files on my Droid and I received the same message you reported.

Bob

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do they happen to be from your iTunes library?

OP
L
Reaction score
iTunes library? I don't know what that is. I only know that the verison rep I spoke to said to go to the speaker icon labeled Music. I will check out the link you sent. thanks

hacksaw

Reaction score
Try powering your phone off and back on. I've had that happen a couple of times and rebooting fixed it.

bassjason

Reaction score
I am having a dilly of a time...I managed to download only a small portion of my MP3 files onto the scan disk (even though I had selected all my MP3 files to copy over. But that's not my concern right now.

I click on the MUSIC SPEAKER AND ALSO THE MP3 DOWNLOAD: I see the songs, but I get a display error: Sorry the player does not support this type of audio.....?

Where did you get these MP3 files? Did you buy them? Did you burn them from your own CDs?

OP
L
Reaction score
I have tried many times to turn on and off the droid and it didn't work.

Also I bought these years ago and they have been on my computer for my use only, I have listened to them for years..and would like to include them on the droid for when I travel...and I travel a lot on my motorcycle.

I don't know how to download stuff from the apps, except the wall papers and the ring tones.

eliassami5

Reaction score
where are you moving these files from on your computer? Did you just go into windows media player (assuming you are using windows OS since you dont know what iTunes is) and drag the files from there to your sd card?

To copy music correctly you will need to go into windows media player and select all the music you would like to put onto your phone, then right click the selections and choose "open file location" this will take you to where the actual music file is on your hard drive. At that point you can then click and drag onto your phones SD card.

REMilk

Reaction score
DRM Problem

I have tried many times to turn on and off the droid and it didn't work.

Also I bought these years ago and they have been on my computer for my use only, I have listened to them for years..and would like to include them on the droid for when I travel...and I travel a lot on my motorcycle.

Ahhh... You purchased these mp3! I will bet dollars to donuts that your mp3s have digital rights management (DRM) encoding on them. This restricts their use to devices or software that are registered to play the these purchased songs. I suspect that this is the reason these songs cannot be played. I also encountered a similar problem with some purchased MP3s.

Now, I am not advocating the breaking of any laws, regulations, or licensing agreements, but you purchased this music. wink wink.. I am sure you can search this site or use your favorite search site to find the steps and software needed strip off the DRM encoding so that you can play these songs on your Droid. My personal opinion is that if you purchased songs/video protected by DRM, you should be able to play it on any device for your own (personal, not for any other distribution, gift, etc) listening pleasure. I am fully against those who strip the DRM and then give the music/video away. I always have a minimum of 3 devices, desktop, laptop, Droid, other mp3 player etc. and I want to listen to the music I purchased on any of my devices. If I buy a cassette tape, CD, or LP, I can play these in any device, I should be able to do the same with purchased MP3s.