Moving icons/programs on the main screen

ncyrider16

Reaction score
I recently got the Droid and i like it, but i cant figure out how to move icons that i use a lot like "phone", which some how got stuck on the left side of the screen, so i have to switch to that side every time i want to use it. there are programs that i never use on the main center screen, and also this playlist box that has a play and fast forward button some how got stuck on the top of the main screen, which moved the google search bar down so it sits in the middle of the screen. so how do i move the icons, and how do i get rid of the playlist box?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You hold your finger on it and drag it to the trash can at the bottom of the screen......

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I recently got the Droid and i like it, but i cant figure out how to move icons that i use a lot like "phone", which some how got stuck on the left side of the screen, so i have to switch to that side every time i want to use it. there are programs that i never use on the main center screen, and also this playlist box that has a play and fast forward button some how got stuck on the top of the main screen, which moved the google search bar down so it sits in the middle of the screen. so how do i move the icons, and how do i get rid of the playlist box?

long press those icons....hold your finger over them until you can move them. Drag them to the bottom drawer to delete them (it turns red) or drag them to the edge of the screen and you can get them over to the next desktop too.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
To move an icon from the left screen to the center, hold your finger on it for a little while so that the trashcan shows up at the bottom of the screen, then drag it to the right side and hold it there for a second. The home screens will shift and you will be able to put that icon on the screen you want it on.

To delete, do as stated above

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
:icon_ banana: Welcome ncyrider16 to DroidForums :icon_ banana:

Here are two good places to start learning about your Droid

Click on these

How can I use widgets or shortcuts?

ChrisK15's Excellent Motorola Droid Ultra FAQ I recommend this one highly !!!

Also Browse through these too. Droid FAQs

I hope this gets you on your way to enjoying your DROID even More.
It's Great to Have You Join us here at DroidForums !!!
We Hope you enjoy your time here !!!!