Moving data from sd card to another in safe way

Newbie2012

Reaction score
I have a 4gb sd and had it for a while. yesterday i got a new phone and it came with a 16gb sd card pre installed. at first i was going to use it for something else but this phone records hd videos :) and in doing so may take much more memory than normal, including that this phone takes mp4 videos. So I want to know a safe way to move all my data, music photos, video etc to the 16gb. I seen some people say drag all the data, do i actually drag ALL FOLDERS, or only certain folders?

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would personally just drag all folders to the new one, after that then delete what isn't necessary

OP
N

Newbie2012

Reaction score
One thing i should of mentioned, i switched to my android phone, htc rezound from env touch which means different files on each card. one has videos while the other has my_flix

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
One thing i should of mentioned, i switched to my android phone, htc rezound from env touch which means different files on each card. one has videos while the other has my_flix
I'd personally just move the media files instead of the whole folders. Not sure how the enV formats their videos, but it should be able to play on your Android device.