Best way to transfer to new Sd card

jamjr74

Reaction score
Ok I was using my original 2gb sd card and it now almost full so I am buying a 16GB card. My question is this: What is the best way to move all my pics, songs, and apps to the new SD card? Thanks.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Ok I was using my original 2gb sd card and it now almost full so I am buying a 16GB card. My question is this: What is the best way to move all my pics, songs, and apps to the new SD card? Thanks.

I would simply mount your SD card to your PC, copy your files over, then mount your new 16gig SD card and move the pics/music/etc. back over.

By the way, didn't your phone come with a 16GB card from the store? Mine did. (EDIT... I just noticed you're on an Incredible... I have a Droid... it came with a 16gb card.)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you put your new, blank SD card in your device and let your phone "format" it first, then transfer your old data to your new card, I have done this going from a 16gb to a 32gb and I found that formatting the blank card with my device and then transferring my data via USB cable (not removing the usb card) worked best. When I formatted the card then unmounted it to transfer my data via card reader and then remounted it I would run into problems

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score

I would simply mount your SD card to your PC, copy your files over, then mount your new 16gig SD card and move the pics/music/etc. back over.

By the way, didn't your phone come with a 16GB card from the store? Mine did. (EDIT... I just noticed you're on an Incredible... I have a Droid... it came with a 16gb card.)

No mine did not come with a 16gb card, I only got a 2gb card and that was only because verizon was giving them away!