Movies have sound, but no picture

sneaker2002

Reaction score
I copied over a couple of MP4 movies that play on my iPod Touch, but when I play them on the Motorola Droid I only get audio - no picture. Can anyone shed some light on my problem? Thx!

OP
S

sneaker2002

Reaction score
Here's the first file. It works fine on my iPod Touch
Video: h264, 400x192
Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo
File size: ~133k

I don't remember which converter I used. I just used handbreak on it to try FFmpeg, and it crashed.

I used Roxio lastnight to convert a DVD (.VBO files) to H.264 and it wouldn't play at all, not even audio. File size: ~2.5GB

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
I thinnk its the format/codec doing wrong. Try using free "aogo Blackberry converter" ....and convert it to BlackBerry MP4 ...that should work out.

I guess ;D

//edit:

also 133k sounds a bit small for a movie...how long is that movie on your PC/other device where it works out?

OP
S

sneaker2002

Reaction score
It's a 30min animated show. I wanted to try something small since my 2hour movies weren't working. I'll try more after I get home from work this evening. Thx!

OP
S

sneaker2002

Reaction score
It's 133MB, hit the wrong key. The annoying thing is all of these files run fine on my PCs and iPod Touch. Is there a specific codex for the Droid?

OP
S

sneaker2002

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks pip! I'm running it as I type, so cross your fingers. I have some mp4 files that run in quicktime that I tried. They instantly crash in Handbrake, not sure what the deal is. I'm running real .vob files that I ripped yesterday. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!