Audio but no video for my .mp4

bigdawgfan

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to watch a movie on my droid and I copied an .mp4 movie file onto my droid and played the movie, but I have no video. There is audio, but the screen is black. Any suggestions? Is there a certain screen resolution it needs to be? And if so is there anyway to change it? I also downloaded an app called video player. It won't work with that or the pre-installed video viewing app. Thanks in advance!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to watch a movie on my droid and I copied an .mp4 movie file onto my droid and played the movie, but I have no video. There is audio, but the screen is black. Any suggestions? Is there a certain screen resolution it needs to be? And if so is there anyway to change it? I also downloaded an app called video player. It won't work with that or the pre-installed video viewing app. Thanks in advance!
You could use Super and rencode that video to an h.264 MP4, no screen resolution higher than supported by the Droid and a video bitrate of around 1248... try that...