Move my apps from 1 memory card to new memory card?

richtheruler

Reaction score
Most of my apps are on my memory card. I got a new/bigger memory card and cant move my apps to the new one. My internal storage is maxed out so I cant move them there temporarily.
How to do I move my apps from 1 memory card to new memory card?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's a tough one. I've used an adapter to put a card in my computer & hooked the phone up to the computer as well, then copied all the data from one card to the other, but it seems pretty hit or miss as to which apps realize there's data for them on the new card.

That could just be because I've only done it with a new phone & aspect ratios & etc may have been off, but I'm not really sure on that one.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I use a personal cloud storage app to do this now, but here is how I did it before I had that set up:

I bought an sdcard reader. MicroSD cards usually come with an sdcard adapter. I copy the files from one card to my computer, then copy it from the computer to the sdcard.

This was easiest for me.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of my apps are on my memory card. I got a new/bigger memory card and cant move my apps to the new one. My internal storage is maxed out so I cant move them there temporarily.
How to do I move my apps from 1 memory card to new memory card?
There's nothing you can remove from internal to free up memory? Look at your browser download history, Facebook app, etc and see if they're filled with a lot of residual gunk. An app called Clean Master might be the trick for you.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4