Motorola's Nexus 6/X Shows Up in First Leaked Pic

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
leaked-shamu-pic.png

The above image is supposedly our first glimpse of the upcoming Motorola Shamu, aka the Nexus 6, aka the Nexus X. We haven't been able to nail down the final name of this device, but at least this new pic gives us some eye-candy to whet our appetite. As we can see, it looks like an enlarged Moto X with a very "Nexus-esque" back cover.

On top of this, there is some intel which arrived with the pic. Supposedly, Shamu will have the following specs:
  • 5.92-inch display with a with QHD resolution of 2560 x 1440 and 498 PPI
  • 3,200 mAh battery
  • 13 MP camera on the back - capable of 4K UHD video
  • 2 MP camera on the front - identical to the one on the 2nd generation Moto X
  • Snapdragon 805 processor
  • 3 GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage capacity
The source of this intel reports also that the reason the device doesn't include any Nexus branding is because this design isn't 100% finalized. That means it could end up a bit different, or we might see this exact same design with a Nexus logo on it.

Finally, we have one more tid-bit to report. Supposedly there have been some unknown 5.2-inch Motorola devices showing up in benchmarks recently. The source of this information claims that we could see a separate smaller Moto Nexus device. Perhaps this beastly device above will be the Nexus 6, while the 5.2-inch version will be the Nexus X...

Of course, this could be a really good fake, so keep that in mind. In the mean-time, we will keep our ears to the ground for more info.

Source: 9to5Google

realged13

Reaction score
Well, it has a really nice battery. I guess I can add another phone to my list of maybes (Note 4, Droid Turbo).

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
If it has a removable battery then yes.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So it has the same specs as the rumored Droid turbo... But with a bigger screen... And the battery for the turbo is rumored between 3-3500mah.. Interesting..none of em mention nfc, but with vzw pushing isis wallet, I'm sure the Droid has it..

techinv

Reaction score
Well...would love an SD slot and a removeable battery, but they can still take my money.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've been using Razr's since they came out... Maxx's actually, so the battery thing is something I'm used to.. But yeah I'd love an SD card slot.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll go by VZW and check out a X 2 and see how good the camera is. That should give me some ideal what the Nexus(if it's a Nexus)camera will be like.

hambone625

Reaction score
That's 90% likely to be the moto s actually and not the nexus x/6 just me two cents..