Motorola's Shamu (Nexus 6/X) Destroys the Competition in Leaked Benchmark

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nexus-6-geekbench.png

The Motorola-made Nexus 6 (aka Nexus X and/or Shamu) just showed up in a leaked benchmark. It's one of the hottest new devices coming to consumers later this year, and it seems to have hot performance to match. The Geekbench results for the device are noting short of spectacular, with a multi-core score of nearly 3200.

Of course, benchmarks don't really translate into real-world performance, but they can at least give us a gauge of just how much headroom the device has. It's perhaps worth noting that the only other device which has scored this well in the multi-core part of Geekbench is another unreleased phone, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. It's also interesting that in the single-core benchmark the iPhone 6 obliterates every other device, including the Moto Shamu. That's not too surprising because that's the way Apple focuses its hardware design.

The rumors have pegged the Motorola Shamu to have a Snapdragon 805 and 3GB of RAM. It's great to see such a large evolution in performance.

Don't forget to hit up our dedicated Nexus 6 section here: Motorola Nexus 6 Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Source: Geekbench

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
All except the iPhone 6. Ugh. Hate to be behind the Apple products on paper while miles ahead in real world application.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All except the iPhone 6. Ugh. Hate to be behind the Apple products on paper while miles ahead in real world application.
That's only in single core performance. In multi-core performance the iPhone 6 comes in third... :)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Curious how it would compare to note 4.
As I indicated in the article, the Note 4 scores roughly the same... 3150 or so if I remember correctly.

Nathaniel Haller

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2
NVIDIA Sheild Tablet has a Geekbench Multi-core score of 3425 and a single of 1107.
In line with the Nexus, HTC/carrier bloot slows it down.

Briankbl

Reaction score
My OnePlus One is right behind it. "Destroys the competition" is way overhyping things here lol.

8e5ee9ad3cacc351932891c576299360.jpg

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Don't most devices idle in single core state for the majority of their use?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

sierra117

Reaction score
Honestly I have huge hands. Using my girlfriends iphone I can't type and I always drop it. My g2 is almost perfect sized but I wouldn't mind something bigger.